Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 15 Dec 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Suzieb01
Getting Excited

Mobile First plan for Aug 18

Hi all you experienced fellow dibbers out there, this is my first attempt at doing our itinerary. Me my OH,daughter and son (18 & 21) are staying in villa at Sheraton Vistana villages. We go in July for 14 days. Wondering if you could browse my itinerary to see if I can better this. Was kind of hoping for a couple of rest days but would like to see most of the theme parks. So have done it this way with kind of a full on day followed by a restful day.

WeD 25th Arrive MCO 17:55
Check in villa
Dinner
Buy supplies
Look round

Thur 26
Chilled day at villa resort

Fri 27
Magic Kingdom all day

Sat 28
Discovery cove

Sun 29th
Disney HS

Mon 30
Typhoon Lagoon

Tues 31
Animal Kingdom

WeD 1/8
Aquatica
SeaWorld

Thur 2/8
Universal studios

Fri 3/8
Spare day

Sat 4/8
Epcot all day

Sun 5/8
Kennedy space centre

Mon 6/8
Islands of Adventure (am)
Do something else pm/evening

Tue 7/8
2nd visit to park of choice

WeD 8/8
Last day to chill
Leave hotel @ 17:00

Any other ideas or changes welcome thanks in advance.
Suzieb01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I would suggest changing Thurs 26. You'll be up early and excited to get out and see something - IMO, a resort day is a waste that early in a trip when your energy is high, but it's perfect for going to a busy park like MK for rope drop when it's quieter. Then save the resort day for later on when you'll appreciate the break.

If it were me, I would bump everything forward a day and add that day around Sun 5th as you have three potentially long days in a row there. I'd probably space out DC/TL/Aquatica a bit more too as you're doing 3 water/leisure parks in 5 days which is a bit too much downtime so early in a holiday for me.

Edited at 08:32 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzieb01
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I would suggest changing Thurs 26. You'll be up early and excited to get out and see something - IMO, a resort day is a waste that early in a trip when your energy is high, but it's perfect for going to a busy park like MK for rope drop when it's quieter. Then save the resort day for later

If it were me, I would bump everything forward a day and add that day around Sun 5th as you have three potentially long days in a row there. I'd probably space out DC/TL/Aquatica a bit more too as you're doing 3 water/leisure parks in 5 days which is a bit too much downtime so early in a holiday for me.
Thanks for the advice

Edited at 10:00 PM. Reason: Reply in wrong place
Suzieb01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SuperCSG
Trying for More Ears

Aquatica and Sea World on the same day will be tricky. I'd be tempted to make Aquatica a "rest" option and give SW a full day.

Interesting though. We were there last Jul/y August and my itinerary can be seen in the thread a couple below yours and you might wish to compare.
SuperCSG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

I'd agree with the first reply. I wouldn't go all the way to Florida and not do a park on your first day.

For our first 3 days we were up early and in bed early. After that we were sleeping in and staying up late. As long as you have some down time you may feel you don't want total days off. Although it will be hot. As you're looking at so many parks I'd check the opening times of each to make sure you get the best fit (ie don't want a park that opens at 10 on your first couple of days as you'll be up).

Enjoy
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Just wanted to say we stayed at Vistana Villages a good 15 years ago when they were opening and not complete. It is a beautiful resort. Also nicely located with supermarket and other stores nearby and a quick trip to the parks.

My suggestion with teens and young adults is to let them have lots of feedback on what you do and what they want to do. Your kids are also old enough to Uber alone if they want a longer/shoirter, earlier/later day.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzieb01
Getting Excited

first plan for aug 18

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
Just wanted to say we stayed at Vistana Villages a good 15 years ago when they were opening and not complete. It is a beautiful resort. Also nicely located with supermarket and other stores nearby and a quick trip to the parks.

My suggestion with teens and young adults is to let them have lots of feedback on what you do and what they want to do. Your kids are also old enough to Uber alone if they want a longer/shoirter, earlier/later day.
Thanks for your help
Old 26 Jan 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzieb01
Getting Excited

first plan for aug 18

Originally Posted by captbnut View Post
I'd agree with the first reply. I wouldn't go all the way to Florida and not do a park on your first day.

For our first 3 days we were up early and in bed early. After that we were sleeping in and staying up late. As long as you have some down time you may feel you don't want total days off. Although it will be hot. As you're looking at so many parks I'd check the opening times of each to make sure you get the best fit (ie don't want a park that opens at 10 on your first couple of days as you'll be up).

Enjoy
thanks for your help
Old 26 Jan 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzieb01
Getting Excited

first plan for aug 18

Originally Posted by SuperCSG View Post
Aquatica and Sea World on the same day will be tricky. I'd be tempted to make Aquatica a "rest" option and give SW a full day.

Interesting though. We were there last Jul/y August and my itinerary can be seen in the thread a couple below yours and you might wish to compare.
thanks for your help
Old 26 Jan 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Personally I wouldn’t have your first full day as a no Park day ,you’ll be up very early and not exhausted so i’d Do MK that day

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List