Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 5 Jan 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

That is really helpful 3Family. I wasn't sure how quickly it got busy, and there are lots of littleish rides at MK and the others we would like to be able to do, without wasting a precious fast pass (which we will use mainly for big rides I sort of assume).

For Akershus - I will have a girl 9y and a boy 7y. My girl is not really into princesses. She and her brother both shout loudly at me when Frozen songs come on my random play on my music. HOWEVER, when I asked her if she wanted to do any princess character dining, she didn't say no. She didn't say yes, but she didn't say no. And when we went to Disneyland when she was 7, she rode the Little Mermaid ride in her own booth (one of her big joys was being able to ride solo at 7), and we saw her giving a very sweet sneaky wave to the Ariel at the end. So, I'm sort of thinking that she would quite like it And because we are DDP, I figure, why not? Although I'm not sure what the food is like!
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

An alternative to Akershus if you're not sure on the food may be the new(ish) Bon Voyage breakfast on the Boardwalk? You get Ariel, Eric, Rapunzel and Flynn. And if you do this on either an Epcot or HS day, you can just walk to the park afterwards.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Thanks Loldis - I will check out the menus. 10 days till ADR day

I am also going to think about moving around the times of my (currently hypothetical FPs). But I do have some Morning EMH questions!

We have planned the first three days because a) we may be up earlier and b) it gives more time with a little less full-on heat (I'm hoping).

BUT, I'm not at all sure how many rides we are likely to get on whilst the queues are lower. For example, for Epcot - is it 'possible' that we could do test-track AND soarin' before the queues are longer than 40 minutes? And if we were to do one, and FP the other, which would be best? I'm sort of thinking TT but was reading something about the fact that you have to design your car and that takes time. We have done Soarin' before (assuming it is the same in Disneyland).

For AK - again, which might be the best area to head to?

It was super helpful to know that Frontierland wouldn't be open for EMHs. I would have been very frustrated to rock up and find it closed! We are going to scoot over to Peter Pan first instead.

Thanks so much!
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Last year we did a morning at Epcot after breakfast at Akershus

The queue for Test Track was about an hour almost straight away, but we got on Soaring with a 20 minute wait (listed at 30). Part of the delay with Test Track was that it broke down a bit that day.

We had FPed Frozen but saw that queue at about 30 mins at points throughout the day

My suggestion is get Test Track done ASAP. The car design bit lasts only a couple of minutes
Old 8 Jan 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Oh, great, thanks! So, we will race to test track, and do that once (or twice if we are very fast ) and then wander over to soarin'. Then just wander a bit. We will FP frozen because I won't be able to persuade (force) my anti-frozen kids onto it otherwise (although my DD will pretend she doesn't want to ).

The have told me that they want to do Spaceship Earth, but I'm a bit worried about feeling sick (even on the easy version). Star Tours makes me feel a bit queasy!
Old 8 Jan 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Spaceship Earth moves very slowly. You’ll be fine

We used our 3 initial FP on Frozen, Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land. We got more on the day and genuinely the only queue over 20 minutes was Test Track when it broke down
Old 8 Jan 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Oh, I'm confusing myself! I meant Mission Space. Is that also managable? I'm excited to know the waits may not be awful. 20 minutes we can manage.
Old 8 Jan 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

They might be more but have MDE on your phone and you’ll get fast passes past the third one. We got 6/7

Mission Space was down last year so can’t help there. Sorry
Old 8 Jan 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
Oh, I'm confusing myself! I meant Mission Space. Is that also managable? I'm excited to know the waits may not be awful. 20 minutes we can manage.
Mission Space - if Stars Tours makes you queasy even the tame version may be borderline (the extreme one did me in but I was ok on the tame but I am also fine on Star Tours. Have you considered asking a chemist about a motion-sickness medication e.g. dramamine? Works for some people apparently.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

For AK, assuming you have FPs to the Pandora rides... head anywhere else in EMH. It'll be empty.

For Epcot, if you don't care about the car design bit, head for the single rider queue at TT. You should skip that part and if you're rope dropping it anyway, there could be a good chance you'll end up ahead of a lot of the crowd going through the normal line.

ETA: Soarin' is the same as Disneyland although it'll depend how long ago you went to DLR as it changed at both parks about 18 months ago from Soarin' over California to the world. Same concept, just different imagery.

Can't help on queasy rides. I went on Ratatouille at DLP last year and had to go lie down for two hours afterwards.

Edited at 08:46 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List