Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Jan 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

The boathouse is 2 credits as it is signature (not sure if you know this!) I have seen quite a few people say it isn't worth the 2 credits though

I have seen some really poor reviews for La Hacienda, but would recommend you look at Frontera Cucina in Disney Springs. Very similar menu but much better reviews!

My favourites from our last trip were Chef Art Smiths and Sanaa.

This year we have put Y&Y on the list and can't wait to try it!
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
La Hacienda... no,no no ... consistently bad reviews, from experience you can't beat the setting but the food was just meh- I had a steak with 3 chile sauce & all I can say is there is a reason it's very dark, for all the flavour I got it could have been wood pulp & wallpaper paste!
SD
the dark restaurant inside the pyramid is the San Angel Inn and yes agree the food is as bad as the view is good these days (sadly because it used to be better a long way back). OP mentioned the Hacienda de San Angel which is in the outside part of Mexico I think. Not sure if that's any better mind and making sure its clear these are separate restaurants in Mexico WS
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ah my mistake I thought that there was only 1 TS restaurant in Mexico
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

So now I have a few dilemmas. I've swapped the Coral Reef in Epcot for Cape May Cafe at the Beach Resort (as we can easily walk from World Showcase). We have also swapped Hacienda de San Angel for the Inn San Angel. It appears that EPCOT is the hardest choice to make as there are so many TS venues. I've seen some great reviews of Inn San Angel as well as a few awful ones too. It's hard to know who's reviews to believe but with 200+ days, I'm guessing I'll have a chance to make changes if I need to.

Thanks as usual for the info.

Edited at 10:56 PM.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Kerfuffle1984
Earning My Ears

Can I just add one that’s not been mentioned? Whispering canyons! That was our favourite in October last yesr, alongside Cinderella’s breakfast in the castle. Whispering canyons just encompasses the fun and happiness of Disney through and through, and the food was great (and plenty!) too.
Old 11 Jan 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kerfuffle1984 View Post
Can I just add one that’s not been mentioned? Whispering canyons! That was our favourite in October last yesr, alongside Cinderella’s breakfast in the castle. Whispering canyons just encompasses the fun and happiness of Disney through and through, and the food was great (and plenty!) too.
I've just checked the menu and this looks great. Thanks
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Great list. We are going back and the top of my kids list (they will be 8 and 11) was Whispering Canyon for dinner - we had great fun there last time. Sanaa - the food was amazing. Ohana but for dinner as the atmosphere was great and the food was also fab and plentiful.

I'm still finalising my list before ADR day - and trying to cut it down as we don't have enough credits or room in our stomachs for all the lovely places we want to eat lol.
Cabana Bay - 2019
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks to all of the input above, I've now changed the plans as follows...

1900 Park Fayre - Breakfast
Prime Time cafe - Lunch
Sci-Fi Diner - Dinner
Cape May Cafe - Dinner
Tusker House - Dinner (Rivers of light)
Mamma Melrose (Fantasmic Package)
Tiffin - Dinner (TS x 2)
Trails End - Brunch
Be Our Guest - Dinner
Tokyo Dining - Dinner
Ohana's - Breakfast
T-Rex - Dinner
Wave Cafe - Breakfast

Sounds like we'll have to come back in 2019 to try the ones we miss in August.

Shame!
Old 13 Jan 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That looks good well done 👍🏻