Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Jan 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve had DDP three times with our children. They were 1.5&2, 3&4.5 and 6&7.5.

Primarily, we had breakfasts or lunches as our TS meal. This free’d up the afternoon to be a bit more ‘go with the flow’ and we worried less about tiredness or over stimulation interfering with our TS meals. Of course they slept through a couple when they were younger but overall we found this worked very well. We have done a few tea/dinners but mainly lunches and breakfasts.
Old 10 Jan 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just occurred to me, if it really doesn't appeal and you've only paid a deposit you can cancel the upgrade I'd think
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We upgraded to ddp for our trip last may. Price wise it was worth it just for the 4 meals we wanted to do. We didn't do a ts everyday and also were able to book lots on the day while we were there. We got a 1900 park fare dinner are on the day and plenty of others.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We like a buffet at lunchtime. The kids were always hungrier at lunchtime. It was a good break from the park and a buffet meant no waiting around.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Hi all thanks so much for all the advice 😀. We have in place some of your ideas, couple of breakfast and lunch buffets. And yes we may of course get some nearer the time . I might have a look at our dinners in case we have too many. Amending the time is also a good plan . I did look at 1900 Park Fayre and chose Chef Mickeys brunch instead after an MK morning. I have made no Adr’s at all for our last 4 days! Only have 7 definites!

Edited at 08:12 PM.
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi would suggest maybe look at Cali grill good food and great view of fireworks
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Hi all thanks so much for all the advice 😀. We have in place some of your ideas, couple of breakfast and lunch buffets. And yes we may of course get some nearer the time . I might have a look at our dinners in case we have too many. Amending the time is also a good plan . I did look at 1900 Park Fayre and chose Chef Mickeys brunch instead after an MK morning. I have made no Adr’s at all for our last 4 days! Only have 7 definites!
Try not to fret.

You'll be at POFQ - so if after a park day you want to go back to the room and nap/rest/whatever - then you can just get the boat to Disney Springs and eat there. Lots of TS places there have last-minute openings.

I know you read my 2016 trippie ...did you listen to me and get a Landry's card?

Because if you have one, remember - you can just rock up to T-Rex, Rainforest Café or Yak and Yeti and eat - no ADR needed.

It's BRILLIANT for Animal Kingdom days - go, go, go until your chaps are hungry (or hangry, whichever) - and then have a lovely sit down at Yak and Yeti (mmm...Kobe burgers).

Same thing for the Landry's restaurants at DS. Get the boat over from POFQ - and walk up to Rainforest or T-Rex. Is the food AMAZING? No. But they're fun for kids and you'll all have a good time.

Unless you're going at Christmas, there are ALWAYS rezzies to be had on the day. Maybe you won't get O'hana - but so what? We booked several of our dinners in 2016 just an hour or two ahead.

Get cleaned up after your mid-afternoon break and see what's out there. As mentioned above, there are usually lots of ADRs available at the hotel restaurants. And if you pick one that's at an MK or Epcot resort it will be easy to get to (so if you book for The Wave just get the bus to MK and then walk, etc...).

THEN, if you fancy more park time after dinner - the park's right there.

AND...have you considered one of the (2 credit) dinner shows? We didn't have the greatest food at Hoop-Dee-Doo, but others have loved it - and it is a treat for kids, being at the Fort.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Try not to fret.

You'll be at POFQ - so if after a park day you want to go back to the room and nap/rest/whatever - then you can just get the boat to Disney Springs and eat there. Lots of TS places there have last-minute openings.

I know you read my 2016 trippie ...did you listen to me and get a Landry's card?

Because if you have one, remember - you can just rock up to T-Rex, Rainforest Café or Yak and Yeti and eat - no ADR needed.

It's BRILLIANT for Animal Kingdom days - go, go, go until your chaps are hungry (or hangry, whichever) - and then have a lovely sit down at Yak and Yeti (mmm...Kobe burgers).

Same thing for the Landry's restaurants at DS. Get the boat over from POFQ - and walk up to Rainforest or T-Rex. Is the food AMAZING? No. But they're fun for kids and you'll all have a good time.

Unless you're going at Christmas, there are ALWAYS rezzies to be had on the day. Maybe you won't get O'hana - but so what? We booked several of our dinners in 2016 just an hour or two ahead.

Get cleaned up after your mid-afternoon break and see what's out there. As mentioned above, there are usually lots of ADRs available at the hotel restaurants. And if you pick one that's at an MK or Epcot resort it will be easy to get to (so if you book for The Wave just get the bus to MK and then walk, etc...).

THEN, if you fancy more park time after dinner - the park's right there.

AND...have you considered one of the (2 credit) dinner shows? We didn't have the greatest food at Hoop-Dee-Doo, but others have loved it - and it is a treat for kids, being at the Fort.
Thanks April we actually have Trails End booked at Fort Wilderness, my hubby likes the look of it I think friends of his went and recommend it. I looked at Boma for breakfast on one of our quieter days, but as you say maybe not that easy to get to? Although would like a look about that resort. Like the idea of just seeing whats available. We already have adrs at yak and yeti and t rex and we have a landry card
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

For breakfast at AKL I would just grab a taxi.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Thanks April we actually have Trails End booked at Fort Wilderness, my hubby likes the look of it I think friends of his went and recommend it. I looked at Boma for breakfast on one of our quieter days, but as you say maybe not that easy to get to? Although would like a look about that resort. Like the idea of just seeing whats available. We already have adrs at yak and yeti and t rex and we have a landry card
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
For breakfast at AKL I would just grab a taxi.
I'm with Gill - from POFQ I'd get an Uber (or a Lyft) to AKL - if you have your heart set on Boma.

You can request Ubers with car seats - it will come up as a choice when you tap into the app. Then, after your meal, get a bus from AKL to whatever park you want.

As for your Landry's ADRs (Good girl, getting the card ) - what I'm trying to say is IF you are feeling constrained by having the ADRs on a specific day/time - dump the rezzies for Y&Y and T-Rex. Just have in your mind that you'll be eating at those places and then go to them when you're hungry.

I promise you - if you have a Landry's card, you do NOT need an ADR for a Landry's restaurant. Just walk up to the hostess stand (don't queue) and show them your card.

"Good Evening - I have a Landry's card. How long is the wait?"

Even when the walk-up queue for T-Rex was two hours (in 2016) - we only waited ten minutes.

My father NEVER made reservations in advance - and you know that DH hates booking ahead, too. There WILL be places available.

...and one night, why not walk (it's an EASY walk - no more than 10 minutes) down to Riverside and eat at Boatwright's?

disneyfoodblog/boatwrights/

With kids, I love places I can WALK to - and it's such a nice stroll along the river there at Port Orleans...no faffing with car seats or buses!

I've got my trippie to finish and post today...so I'd better be done bossing you around now...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List