Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Jan 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Shame you didn't love your Be our Guest breakfast as much today. It looked nice but it is always so busy in there.
Your Splitsville food looks good, I would have never though to eat there. Such a shame you were poorly
Hope Andy got you some good Christmas presents from world of Disney!
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I don't think I'd be able to convince DH to wear matching outfits!

Oh and don't get me started on the parade! I've come up with many stratgies on getting from one side to the other, but honestly, they were all rubbish and none worked it's so frustrating. DS had a proper meltdown a couple of years ago as we had eaten at Crystal palace and then our FP for 7dmt opened up, but as we came out of the restaurant we spotted the parade had started. We tried everything to get across but all to no avail and DS was in a proper strop when he realised it wasn't going to happen we didn't have the pleasure of seeing the same floats multiple times to make up for it either!

This is why I love reading trip reports...I'd half forgotten that incident, and you have sparked a memory for me!

Oh and sorry to hear about the illness, mental note made to avoid the ham and Swiss

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 08:37 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Oh it did look gloomy today! Boo!

Can't believe the queue at People Mover! WTH!

I am very upset that you have left the flip flop in parks club. Traitor!

Now, this just goes to show that no good can come from putting cheese in a sandwich. That's obviously what did the damage. Oh and for future ref (if you are ever brave enough to go back, you should btw cos its awesome), you can ask for the Holiday Sandwich without the cranberry sauce

Haha love that you sent back your chicken even though it was A's fault it was wrong Brilliant. Shame you didn't get to enjoy it as much this year though!

Ahh I cannot wait to see Coco, looks so good! I think it'll make me cry from what I've heard, but you know that doesn't take much!

Fab day, squirts aside.

P.S. Love your top

xxx

Edited to add - literally LOLd at the parade shenanigans! HAHA

Edited at 08:56 AM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Oh oh oh and thank you for the peppermint bark. It is most awesome. I haven't touched it since my diet. I hope it doesn't go out of date! Might have some this weekend xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh where to begin... there is so much to say about this day! Ok here goes...

1. Thank you for bringing peppermint bark into my life, game changer! Is this just a Christmas season treat? If so I may have to put in an order when you are back next November

2. That queue for the Peoplemover... madness! You know its a busy day at MK when you are faced with a line like that!

3. Your matching outfits = relationship goals

4. Your exit out of MK totally proves that you cannot outrun a parade. It's actually impossible!

5. I have never seen Mickey's Philharmagic. I seriously feel like I have been missing a gem here. Noted for next trip.

6. EoS, what a drama! But yes I did specifically say that you mustn't leave anything out so I am now very confident that you truly are including absolutely EVERYTHING! (We are all friends here, there is no such thing as over-sharing!). Such a shame it ruined your dinner at Splitsville as a result though

7. Those boots, too gorgeous for words!

8. Bravo to A for a superb #usanumberone

Ok I think that is enough (mostly because Charlie has fallen asleep on me and I have been writing this one-handed!)

Roll on day 10!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I thought that Disney Springs would have been busy on Black Friday, but pleasantly surprised. I like your plan for the evening, a nice break from the madness of the parks. Love your boots too, how good is Andy!?
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Long busy day shame you were unwell during the afternoon

Joan
Thank you for reading - luckily the illness was very short lived but it has certainly put me off returning to Earl of Sandwich - a shame really as I know people on here love it. Ah, well, it just didn't love me.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
What a shame you had a bad experience at EOS, I get the Hawaiian there and love it. I wasn't sure about splitsville or going to the pics but I can see me doing both next trip depending on what's going on, though SSR do a movie under the stars which could also be fun.
I loved wandering to DS of a morning when staying at SSR so that I could have my Starbucks fix, and on an evening for a margarita fix :-).
I'm glad you made it to the restroom in time, that could have been tres awkward. The crowds sound like my idea of hell though, I would have lasted much less time than you in MK.
I'm sad about EoS as well as I have read so many positive things about it. Maybe I just had a bad bit of ham or something? Either way, I'm not in any great rush to get back there sadly. Andy adored his sandwich though. Good job too really.

Splitsville is ace, we go there every year as it's a great no-fuss meal and the menu is tremendous, I would definitely recommend it, if only for that beautiful buffalo chicken. Best I've ever had.

We are having issues with SSR at the moment (to be explained in the pending PTR) but I am hoping it all works out as the appeal of wandering into DS for a casual drink is very strong. I will get to the margarita bar this year by hook or by crook!

I think we just knew the crowds would be bad so it didn't come as a surprise to us and we just had to get on with it. I wouldn't go at that time of year again though, that's for sure.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dixiechic View Post
Love the random dinglehopper! I tried the holiday sandwich several years ago but asked for it without the cranberry - it was Devine. It had gravy in it - the moist maker - and was totally lush. Secretly hoping that happyhaunt1000 posts his trip report soon! Hope you soon recovered from the dodgy sandwich
The dinglehopper made me laugh too. I think Andy was wondering why I was taking a photo of the floor.

I should have asked for that sandwich sans cranberry - I don't know why but it just didn't occur to me at the time. I always forget that Americans are happy to customise more or less anything. "Moist maker" made me laugh - love that episode of "Friends".

I don't think you'll have too long to wait for Brett's report, I know he has been avidly typing away!
Old 16 Jan 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
And you missed out on the lipstick!
Another busy day!
I know! I did have massive lipstick regret after that! But fret not, it all works out OK in the end!