Hotel Reviews: 1
A brilliant last park day and glad you really enjoyed the parade great photos

Joan
Old 29 Jan 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Raspberry beret?

Sounds like a fab day, space mountain with the lights on, amazing! Love thunder mountain in the dark and the castle is so beautiful.
Love your matching tops and that you nail varnish matches your ears!
Old 30 Jan 18, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have loved reading your trip report! We are going November this year so has been very helpful.

However, utterly shocked and appalled you did not call social services on the green bean mum. Shame on you!
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh what an awesome last day! I am absolutely with you that your last night has to be spent in MK, it's a 100% must! Great that the queue times were so short too and you managed to fit so much! And I am completely envious the you got to ride Space Mountain with the lights on... I have always wanted that to happen!

Loving the his and hers Christmas jumpers... very cute and made for great photos! The Haunted Mansion ones are beyond brilliant, I particularly love the one where it looks like Andy is carol singing...clearly getting into the Christmas spirit! Talking of HM... I have never been through the standby queue so it was interesting to see all the interactive features there... must make a note to ride without a FP on our next trip!

I agree that you absolutely need to get A on IG... just for his PP faces alone! #getAonIG

So sad that this TR is almost at an end, it's gone too quickly!

Oh and I am off to google where I can get a MSEP jacket from... with Paul's birthday coming up this could be a winning gift!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

I loved the cheeky reindeers as well, so cute and funny. Did you know you can watch the whole chhristmas parade on YouTube? It's helped me get over the Disney Blues this time
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The castle looks beautiful at night, even the parade pictures have come out well. I was always disappointed with my shots of MSEP as they never seemed as pretty to me as in real life, but that's probably got more to do with my poor photography skills.

I've been loving your laid back approach, more hub time and chill today, you've said it was quite freeing to know you'd be back and had already got a trip booked up and that this helped you to be able to relax in and just enjoy being there. I'm going to try and adopt a similar approach this year and just maybe I'll be less of a sergeant major.

I was very impressed with the 10 minutes to pack up your room. Did you hum the song from the breakfast sketch to help you along? Or when I'm rushing i like to hum the Benny Hill music...

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Rockycat
Excited about Disney

I really enjoyed reading your trip report and pleased you had a great time, we have never stayed on -site but were thinking of doing that next year so your report with the quick service dining has been really useful, thanks 😃. Looking forward to your next report.
Rockycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Lovely last MK day, and the party sounds fab, especially that parade. I can’t wait until we’re able to visit outside of school holidays and see WDW at Halloween and Christmas. Only (minimum) 9 years to go :angry:.

That woman asking for some free fries because she forgot to order them . Unbelievable (and yet believable.) Likewise the ranting complainer woman at AKL (you’re on holiday love, chill!) and the girl who was only allowed green beans for lunch while everyone else tucked into the fried stuff . Thank you for sharing all these gems with us .

Yep, I’ve definitely learned the hard way that you must always buy something you see straight away. It’s happened to me multiple times and seen it in trippies on several occasions. Hope others learn from your cautionary tale too.

Love the matching tops, and you got some excellent photos today. I did actually lol at the lantern one .

It definitely sucks leaving MK for the last time each trip but you certainly left on a high and I’m sure it wasn’t quite as painful knowing you’d be back within a year.

Thanks as always for a brilliant report, sad it’s nearly over .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

What a great last day. The photos of the castle are lovely, I almost bought a MVMCP ticket but I screwed up and bough a BMG ticket for the night I thought the party wasn't on, it was on that night so no MVMCP for me. I know what you mean about feeling festive, it really kicked in for me when I saw Jingle Bell Jingle Bam.
As for the pease pudding - ugh no, and no saveloy dips either. Rank, both of them. I do, however love a trente starbucks Refresha (the strawberry one).
I'm impressed you didn't break the ornament. MK is a park I never really spend much time in as it always seems more for the little ones. Well done on the late checkout.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Ahhhh love this so very much! It really seemed like you had an amazing night! You definitely made the right decision in doing the party as the last night must be spent in MK as you say! Plus you got to stay so late So cool that the queues for the rides were minimal! Shame about the food though! I’d have not been amused!

Ok, I feel like we should be calling the social on that woman in CHH! Child abuse indeed! Meany!

Your matching jumpers are wonderful 😂😆. That lantern photos are epic btw!

I only discovered the toilets at the Cheshire Cat cafe last year! Sadly, no high fiving polar bears though!

Dying at your reaction to the guy who put his arm around you! Can just see the wife’s face! 😆

Sounds like the parade was amazing! I need more details on the cheeky reindeers though. Why were they cheeky? Were they real? I must know.

Total score on the late checkout! I bet those extra two hours made such a difference. Definitely a good idea to skip AK too I think. We never do a park on our last day either, preferring to have MK at night as our last park memory ❤️

Xxx
The party was great fun it's just a shame we were so hangry. We just got carried away by the lack of wait time for the rides. Loads of fun though - and not just the guy who tried to get all romantic at the fireworks, haha! The high-fiving polar bears were a definite random highlight.

The reindeer weren't real! Although the horses were - we were amused to see a cast member dressed in coachman gear following along behind them with a pooper scooper. The reindeer were just really...prancy and cute and engaged really well with the crowd.

I think you're right about wanting MK to be the enduring memory. We went to DHS on our last morning last time and whilst it was lovely, we did feel a bit rushed and out of place as we knew we had to leave soon.

Thank you re the PJs - they were in the men's section and just had the purple wallpaper print with the black swirly faces on... never fear though, I will remind you nearer the time, haha xxx
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List