Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 10 Feb 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Arrow May 2018 Honeymoon

Hi Dibbers, how do my honeymoon plans look?

Background info:
-We have been to Orlando once before and have decided not to do Universal this time.
-Two weeks, staying in a villa with virgin within 20mins of Disney and have a car hire.
-We (mostly my FH) are not morning people. We will not be getting up before 9am, lol. I know some people think this is a waste but we like to relax a little on our holidays.
-We typically have a big breakfast and big dinner outside of the parks and just a snack in between.
-We like to shop.
-We don't do big coasters/thrill rides.

Saturday 28th April - Wedding Day.

Travel Day (Monday 30th April) -
Driving ourselves to Gatwick. Leave home about 6am. Flight at 11am. Pick up car hire at Orlando airport at 5:15pm. Get to the villa around 6:15pm. Unpack a little, head out to Walmart or similar for some drinks and snacks, get dinner.

Day 1 (Tuesday 1st May)
Check in with Virgin villa company.
Animal Kingdom.

Day 2 (Wednesday 2nd May)
Seaworld.
Disney mini golf.

Day 3 (Thursday 3rd May)
Celebration.
Magic Kingdom. Stay for fireworks.

Day 4 (Friday 4th May)
Disney Springs.
Shopping.

Day 5 (Saturday 5th May)
Kennedy Space Centre.
6pm Orlando City Soccer match.

Day 6 (Sunday 6th May)
Airboat tour.

Day 7 (Monday 7th May)
Hollywood Studios.

Day 8 (Tuesday 8th May)
Water Park (typhoon lagoon?)
Shopping.

Day 9 (Wednesday 9th May)
Epcot.
Disney mini golf.

Day 10 (Thursday 10th May)
Keys To The Kingdom Tour. Our one early wake up day.

Day 11 (Friday 11th May)
Busch Gardens.

Day 12 (Saturday 12th May)
Water park (Blizzard beach or aquatica)
Shopping.

Day 13 (Sunday 13th May)
Revisit any parks we fancy.

Day 14 (Monday 14th May)
Disney springs for bag drop.
Gatorland?
Leave for airport around 4pm.
4:55pm return car.
7:50pm flight.

Any advice is appreciated xXx
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Your plan for your honeymoon sounds lovely and very similar to what we like (shopping and lie ins haha)

Only thing I would consider possibly changing is not going to a waterpark on the Saturday, they're the worst days by far for the waterparks and the last time we did it we found it unbearable to queue that long in the heat! For that reason we always tend to dedicate a whole Saturday to shopping (mall in the late morning/afternoon and then outlets in eve) as it's a lot less crowded than the parks). We combined our Disney waterpark day with Disney Springs which we found worked well as they're obviously close in proximity

xxx
Old 12 Feb 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks so much!

I completely forgot about waterparks on weekends. I might switch it with Busch or maybe skip the park and add in half a villa day or extra shopping. My other half is not much of a swimmer so it depends on how the first water park goes xx
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks good. The only day that struck me was day 5 - KSC is a great day out and a full day. If you don’t intend to get there early you will potentially miss a lot as you will need to travel back early for the soccer. Maybe switch KSC with shopping the previous day. Enjoy !
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Good idea @mseagle . I think I'll do that. I did think it might be too much but couldn't think where to swap. That's perfect x
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If you're not really into coasters/thrill rides I wouldn't bother with Busch at all. We fly out on your wedding day and are there the same time as you
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally we weren't going to but it came with the seaworld ticket. We did enjoy the animals last time so thought maybe we'll go x
Old 22 Feb 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

We love Busch Gardens (as we love the rides) but absolutely hate how long the day is by the time you factor in the bus journeys - trying to convince my fiance to not go on our honeymoon for that reason haha

I'd also check to make sure they're not expecting any large school groups. We went in May on our last trip around the same time you are and there were hundreds of middle schoolers there for their middle school graduation celebrations. Every single ride was around 1 hour+ and because you had to wait for the bus to leave, at the end we were just sat there waiting to go home haha xx
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Oh no! Nightmare.

We'll be driving so at least we don't have to worry about the bus lol.

Thanks for the tip about the groups though x
Old 1 Mar 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Love this! We are also there for a honeymoon and 1 year anniversary (group of 4 friends) we have a pretty similar itinerary! However we are popping down to Fort Lauderdale (just 2 of us) for a few days too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List