Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Feb 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

This might not help hugely but sometimes it's your luck on the day as to which is best.
We've done all 3 meals in each and the experience has varied wildly.

We've had an amazing experience at CRT (great server, great interaction and good food) and also a terrible experience. We had probably the worst server I've ever met in the whole of the USA. We ended up getting the meal comped. Thankfully DD was unaware of this and still had great princess interaction. I've never had a problem with food at CRT

Akershus is maybe more consistent but at its best it doesn't reach the heights of CRT at its best. If you're seated in the side room I would ask to be moved as it feels quite removed from the rest of the dining room. You're liable to miss the start of the princess parade and in my experience I've had to seek out character handlers when table visits have been missed.

Again your experience on the day will vary.

Paying OOP there's not a huge difference in price

CRT Breakfast $62.95/38.36 inc tip
Ak Breakfast $52.18/30.89 + tip

CRT Lunch & Dinner $79.10/46.91 inc. tip
Ak Lunch & Dinner $60.21/36.71 + tip

For 1 credit on DDP Akershus is obviously a better value if maximising use of credits is a concern
BarryL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
This might not help hugely but sometimes it's your luck on the day as to which is best.
We've done all 3 meals in each and the experience has varied wildly.

We've had an amazing experience at CRT (great server, great interaction and good food) and also a terrible experience. We had probably the worst server I've ever met in the whole of the USA. We ended up getting the meal comped. Thankfully DD was unaware of this and still had great princess interaction. I've never had a problem with food at CRT

Akershus is maybe more consistent but at its best it doesn't reach the heights of CRT at its best. If you're seated in the side room I would ask to be moved as it feels quite removed from the rest of the dining room. You're liable to miss the start of the princess parade and in my experience I've had to seek out character handlers when table visits have been missed.

Again your experience on the day will vary.

Paying OOP there's not a huge difference in price

CRT Breakfast $62.95/38.36 inc tip
Ak Breakfast $52.18/30.89 + tip

CRT Lunch & Dinner $79.10/46.91 inc. tip
Ak Lunch & Dinner $60.21/36.71 + tip

For 1 credit on DDP Akershus is obviously a better value if maximising use of credits is a concern
Where are these prices from I can't seem to get any prices up on the mde for any of the meals?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Mobile

There's a thread on disboards with current accurate prices for buffets rather than the vague range which Disney provide online.
BarryL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
flump3k
VIP Dibber

I agree unfortunately with the CRT being rushed comments. We had a pretty bad table and the princesses whizzed around not really putting much effort in,aside from Aurora who my daughter was dressed as. So that gave her something to talk about. The food was ok but not amazing. We felt like they wanted the table for someone else so were rushing the whole experience. We’ve done it now so we will definitely not do it again but it’s one of those things you should probably try once to say you’ve done it. This year I have Akerhus booked. We’ve never been before but hoping for a better princess interaction. 🤞🏻
flump3k is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve done Akershus for lunch and dinner and Cinderella’s Royal Table three times for breakfast and once for dinner. The food is better for dinner at Cinderella’s and the restaurant is 100 times nicer IMO. I found for both meals at Akershus the tables are crammed together, the service was slow and the noise levels close to unbearable. We did have a particularly obnoxious family sat next us one meal there which probably coloured by view. I’d choose Cinderella’s for dinner.
Old 18 Feb 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I’ve done Akershus for lunch and dinner and Cinderella’s Royal Table three times for breakfast and once for dinner. The food is better for dinner at Cinderella’s and the restaurant is 100 times nicer IMO. I found for both meals at Akershus the tables are crammed together, the service was slow and the noise levels close to unbearable. We did have a particularly obnoxious family sat next us one meal there which probably coloured by view. I’d choose Cinderella’s for dinner.
Blimey you have put me off going to either again. I thought tables were really squashed together at CRT so if it is worse at Akershus I don't know how I would even move!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

We have done breakfast at both. Hands down CRT is much more magical due to being in the castle, the decor and the princesses were great, however the food and service at Akershus was way better, it felt much more relaxed and I can’t remember the name but the potato dish was one of the nicest things I’ve ever eaten! Great for getting straight on frozen afterwards too (if you get an early sitting).
Belle2908 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List