Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Feb 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Thoughts on my food/ADR plans?

I've listed out breakfast and dinner choices for almost every day for our trip. I haven't put in many lunches as I usually eat a big breakfast to do me until dinner, and then I like to buy snacks during the day to keep me going.

What are people's thoughts on what I have so far? Open to suggestions on what I should ditch/change or move! We're paying OOP for all of this, so if you think one of our ADR are not worth the money, please do let me know so that I can reconsider. I don't want to waste money!

Two adults - one meat eater and one vegetarian.

Open to any suggestions. We're going to be staying in the Clarion Inn LBV, with no car. Happy to Uber if it's worth it!

Wednesday
Arrive in Orlando
Dinner at Olive Garden

Thursday
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe at 9am.
Dinner offsite, potentially Taco Bell

Friday
Universal
Breakfast at Dennys
Dinner at Red Lobster

Saturday
Kennedy Space Centre
Breakfast at Cracker Barrel
Dinner at Steak n Shake

Sunday
Epcot
Breakfast at Keke's Breakfast Cafe
Snack/Lunch at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at 12pm.
Dinner TBC

Monday
Universal
Breakfast at Perkins or Golden Corral
Dinner at Margaritaville
Evening at international premium outlet

Tuesday
Hollywood Studios
Breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express
Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe at 1:45 --- potentially changing to Sci Fi Cafe. What do people think?
Dinner at The Cheesecake Factory

Wednesday
Animal Kingdom
Breakfast at Tusker House at 8:10 --- the park opens at 9, I had tried to book an early breakfast in the hopes of getting on Pandora early, but posts are making me reconsider this. Thoughts?
Dinner at Olive Garden

Thursday
Universal
Breakfast at IHOP
Dinner at the Cheescake Factory
Target!

Friday
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Be Our Guest at 10:05 AM
Dinner at Tony's Town Square Restaurant --- I'm unsure whether to keep this or change it..

Saturday
Home

P.S. If I have the same restaurant in more than once, it's because it's my favourite and I need to go more than one time

Edited at 04:29 PM.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Looks good.

The only thing that stuck out to me was your first full day

Thursday
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe at 9am.

Will you not want to be getting to the park for opening?

I know I would be too excited on my first day to be eating breakfast and missing out the first hour or so of park opening when you can usually get a fair bit done. Plus I would be up at silly o'clock so would need to eat before 9am.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I questioned it too, but after thinking about it I decided that I would leave it as is because I’m not an early riser. I’ve been to America quite a few times now and I’m not one of the people who wakes up at 4 or 5am. I would happily sleep until 9 or 10! I get my jet lag on the way home so I ant to adjust to the time difference quickly, but also not exhaust myself on the first day by making us get up earlier than our body wants to!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Traincrashing View Post
I questioned it too, but after thinking about it I decided that I would leave it as is because I’m not an early riser. I’ve been to America quite a few times now and I’m not one of the people who wakes up at 4 or 5am. I would happily sleep until 9 or 10! I get my jet lag on the way home so I ant to adjust to the time difference quickly, but also not exhaust myself on the first day by making us get up earlier than our body wants to!
Fair enough! Plus breakfast at GFC looks lovely.

The rest looks good.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Fair enough! Plus breakfast at GFC looks lovely.

The rest looks good.
Yay, thank you! It is. I went there on my last trip and got a mickey waffle. My friend got the French toast and said it was the nicest she’s ever had so I need to go back and get it for myself!
Old 14 Feb 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looks lovely!
Disneyland, Paris 1998 & 2001
bigbear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Looks good to me!
I haven’t actually eaten at Tony’s Town Square as I’ve always heard it was a bit meh so maybe look up some recent reviews for that to make sure. I’d also stick with 50’s Prime Time, I remember watch a vlog and someone preferred their veggie option there but Sci Fi is nice too (especially the setting)
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

I had an 8:10 Tusker House booked before I had to cancel trip. I wanted it for pre park opening, but not FOP, I was thinking more for the safari and just general quietness.

I would change prime time to Sci Fi but that is because I don’t like interaction, however presumably you do t mind or you wouldn’t havevbooked in first place.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Looks good to me!
I haven’t actually eaten at Tony’s Town Square as I’ve always heard it was a bit meh so maybe look up some recent reviews for that to make sure. I’d also stick with 50’s Prime Time, I remember watch a vlog and someone preferred their veggie option there but Sci Fi is nice too (especially the setting)
I very rarely see anyone mention Tony’s which is why I’m unsure... we want to be in the park for the fireworks and I’m not sure if we’ll make it until they’re over before we have food. I’m not sure whether to cancel it and just grab something quick while we’re therr and then go for dinner somewhere after the fireworks! My boyfriend walked in while I was watching a vlog a few days ago and he likes the look of SciFi. I’m doing all the planning and he pretty much gives me full run of whatever I want, but I like to fit things in for him, it’s so hard to decide!
Old 14 Feb 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
I had an 8:10 Tusker House booked before I had to cancel trip. I wanted it for pre park opening, but not FOP, I was thinking more for the safari and just general quietness.

I would change prime time to Sci Fi but that is because I don’t like interaction, however presumably you do t mind or you wouldn’t havevbooked in first place.
I think I’m going to hang on to it for a while. I really want to go on FOP but don’t want to be waiting 4 hours

I’m very unsure about the whole interaction thing. I’m a fussy eater and almost always have to edit something on the menu, so I don’t want to be embarrassed if they call me out on it.