General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 22 Feb 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Day 3 continued

Ds was having a wee moan to himself back at the Hotel wanting to go to the closest place for dinner but we managed to drag him 10 minutes to another place in Trastevere that had been recommended. Da Otello. Again a line outside but we were in after about 10 minutes.
Here ds discovers his new favourite food / deep fried artichokes , oh my, I had to agree that these were amazing.

Dh had a bread with cheese and ham thing that was nice to start while ds and I shared the artichokes.

Ds had capriccosa pizza without egg, Dh had pasta with bacon and cheese and I had pasta with meatballs.

It was all amazing.
Again accompanied by wine, water and juice. €65 and outstanding food with really friendly service.

We had wanted to try a different ice cream shop tonight but if was closed so we ended up at Blue Ice on the main square which was nice enough but I’ve had better. It was also €3 as opposed to €2.50 but they filled them more.

Ds was happy though because they had a cream and Nutella flavour.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by swiper View Post
Your trip looks great, thank you for reminding me how wonderful Rome is ...
Will go and have a look in orecchietria, looks like our type of place!

Alle Fratte in Trastevere Is one of our drop in places.
We also do Dar poeta!
I’ve heard nice things about Dar Poeta, it was on our list but we didn’t quite make it. Next time.
Old 22 Feb 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow a good walking day today. The pasta looked lovely.
My legs were sore for days 😂
Old 28 Feb 18, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Day 4

Last day.
We started off with breakfast again in the Hotel and left our packed bags at reception.
It was pretty rainy and we wandered across the river stopping again at Campo Fiori for some more yummy fruit.
Our plan today was to go to the Pantheon. I love the square outside the Pantheon but again it was over run by people trying to sell you things, this time umbrellas.

Ds was fascinated by the oculus. It was really busy inside.

Afterwards we wanted to have an early lunch but were wary about ending up in a bit of a tourist trap. A wee look on trip advisor and we decided to walk back through Piazza Navona, which was surprisingly quiet.

We headed to a wee place called Pizzicaroli. It was more like a wee deli with a few tables.

The girl serving was lovely and we ordered a sharing platter with enough for 2, wine and juice.

Everything tasted amazing, I could well have eaten more but the plan was an early dinner before the flight. I think the bill was around €35, which we felt was great value.
Old 28 Feb 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
That sharing platter looks like a lovely lunch.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

That sharing platter looks like a lovely lunch.
It really was amazing.
Old 28 Feb 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

When we came out we walked passed Mami which I had read good reviews about and ds noticed they did artichoke tempura so we went in and ordered a bag.

These were great, wish I’d ordered 2. The fried stuff like the fish looked great, they had a big selection of pizza slices which I’m sure would have been lovely but the looked a bit thick for me.
The rain was off and the sun was coming out so we walked to capitoline hill. I wanted to take ds to see the jewelled baby in the church there. I’m not religious but we had a very hard time conceiving ds and when Dh and I were in Rome in 2006 we wrote a letter to the baby and later that year our 8th ivf cycle was successful so I wanted to take him there and I wanted to write a thank you letter. It was very emotional taking him there.
Great views from Capitoline Hill.

The way round onto the Vittoria Emanuel from the church was closed though so we were a bit up and down. Ds and dh enjoyed the views from there. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable with the wet slippy marble floor and my fear of heights so I was no where near the edge...

We headed back to Trastevere and went to Da Vittoria again for an early tea.
We all had pizza, I had a white pizza without the tomato sauce and it came out heart shaped for Valentine’s Day.

For pudding ds had these wee fried things with Nutella which were lovely.

I had tiramisu with Nutella, nice but way too sweet,

all washed down with a couple of glasses of wine and then a beer for ds. I think it was about €50.
We were picked u for the airport and although it took 20 minutes coming from the airport it took 45 minutes going back via a completely different route, price was a flat rate so no worries.
Flight home was uneventful.
Overall a fabulous 4 days and I’d go back to Rome in a heartbeat. I also loved how much ds loved his trip as well, means I’ve not totally ruined him for all other holidays with Orlando overload.
Old 28 Feb 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Thanks for sharing this. I've really enjoyed reading about your time in Rome. As I said it came along just after a friend had returned and was enthusing about the city and I had started to think maybe we should go there in October. You seemed to have a brilliant time so it's definitely on my shortlist.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Thanks for sharing this. I've really enjoyed reading about your time in Rome. As I said it came along just after a friend had returned and was enthusing about the city and I had started to think maybe we should go there in October. You seemed to have a brilliant time so it's definitely on my shortlist.
Well worth a trip. We really enjoyed it. Thanks for reading.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney4Three
Very Serious Dibber

Food looks yummy
Disney4Three is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List