Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Feb 07, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Snoozed, showered, dressed for dinner (lol) and off to the Crew's Cup Lounge - adjacent to the Yachtsman Steakhouse. I had my usual martini:

this one was darker than usual and the lemon was a new touch, but tasted the yummy same. Tin had a Bud.
We presented ourselves at the podium at 6.45 (7pm ADR) and were given a ticket to give to our server in the lounge, she would tell us when our table was ready, very civilised. We were also given menus to peruse and whet our tastebuds. There was another slightly limited menu (like Artist Point on Xmas Day) but it was only 2 appetisers and one entree short of the regular one.
We were called through at 7pm on the dot and were given a nice table:

We had a great server called Vicki (from New Jersey) she worked hand in hand with little John (who was recommended to us) and has done for several years. We managed to say hello to John and say we knew mcsue, he was thrilled to meet more Dibbers!
A view of the main restaurant from our table, Vicky at table in centre:

Tin explained the problem he had at Artist Point regarding his steak and Vicki was genuinely shocked - she said that we could have our steak any way WE wanted it and they would keep doing it until he was happy. Excellent guest service!

To start us off they brought us the fantastic warm onion and sourdough bread rolls with butter and roasted garlic (that spreads like butter) - absolutely to die for! Sadly, I forgot the picture - there is one in mcsue's report though.

Appetisers: I had the Seared Maine Diver Scallops, with Friseé and Mushroom Salad tossed with a warm Smoked Bacon Vinaigrette:

This was yummy, a bit creamier tasting than it sounded and only 2 scallops (cost cutting, you can see 3 in mcsue's trippie!)

Tin had the Shrimp Cocktail, with traditional cocktail sauce and mache (? )

He said it was lovely and yes it was ketchup at the side!

We both ordered the "Prime" New York Strip Steak, with Peppercorn Brandy Sauce and Potato Gratin - well done plus the side dishes of Braised Brussels Sprouts with bacon butter and Sautéed Mushroom Caps smothered with Sherry and Cabernet Wine Sauce.
The wine pairing with this was a Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon at $12 a glass and was lovely. (this and the sides we paid for, not on the DDP)

The steaks were beautifully cooked for us and we thoroughly enoyed everything.

For dessert, we were both pretty full, so opted for the Champagne Sorbet:

We had an espresso to end the meal and both declared it the best meal, service and atmosphere of the holiday so far. We thanked Vicki and left her a nice tip (I know they get it on the DDP, but she had been superb).
On the way out, the butcher kindly posed for me:

We were back in our room for 9.30pm (coffee noticed lol) and toyed briefly with the idea of walking over to the Boardwalk for New Year. We agreed that we would rather change into comfy clothes and sit on the balcony. It was really lovely taking in the music from the Boardwalk, watching the people on the Surrey bikes racing underneath our window and time just flew.

Before we knew it, it was 11.40 and the Epcot fireworks started - it was the usual Illuminations RoE until Kelly whatsername and then just WOW, WOW, WOW - fireworks all over the lake, from every corner, culminating in a battery of them to end the show at two minutes to midnight. Never seen anything like it, simply stunning!
As these fireworks ended, off to the right of us we could see the MGM ones (MGM open until 3am that night) and then behind Epcot, what we later figured out to be DTD, more fireworks. Very spectacular, very enjoyable.
Welcome 2007 - let it be a good one for the world
All the fireworks were over by 12.10 and we fell into bed shattered at 12.15!

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 07, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a lovely report - thanks!

Just made a booking at the Yachtsman for June and you've made me want to go there right now!

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 07, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen uk
Imagineer

Helen uk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
mmmmm That prawn cocktail looks lovely

I shouldnt look at food threads as it does nothing for the diet.

2006 Animal Kindgom Lodge
2007 Villa Caribbean Beach Resort and HRH
Helen uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 07, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Ony 2 scallops

Thanks for the report.

Bob
Old 26 Apr 07, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Okay so on the other thread I just said we must try some new eateries. But it's so difficult when one's like YS are so good!

Couldn't resist another read of this yummy report Sue. And now I want to put it on the list again
I spose it's too early for a martini and a scallop?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 07, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by mcsue View Post
Okay so on the other thread I just said we must try some new eateries. But it's so difficult when one's like YS are so good!

Couldn't resist another read of this yummy report Sue. And now I want to put it on the list again
I spose it's too early for a martini and a scallop?
Never too early for a martini Sue

not sure about the scallops though

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 07, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post

mmm it looks lovely, thanks for the great report.
Old 3 May 07, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Meal looks great
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 07, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Chelle27
Imagineer

Chelle27's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a wonderful way to see in the New Year!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/OrlandoBelle/Glitter%20sigs/Chelle2.gif

Hawthorn Suites @ Seaworld July 2005
High Grove, Clermont, July 2006
The Bad Hair Trip Report - July 2005

The Your Eyes Are Bigger Than Your Bellie Trippie - August 2006
Chelle27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 07, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Excellent ~ Thanx for sharing