Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 7 Sep 07, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post

July 2007 - Seasons 52

Seasons 52

We love dining at this light and airy contemporary restaurant on Sand Lake Road.
It’s a comfortable yet quite casual place, very popular with local lovers of good food.
The menu changes with the seasons to incorporate the very best of fresh produce. Top quality ingredients are used and the standards are set high.
Seasons 52 have built up a very good reputation locally and they continue to win many well deserved culinary awards.
The service is always welcoming, friendly and helpful and we’ve always found the food to be incredibly fresh and creatively prepared.
An added bonus is that everything on the menu is less than 500 calories.

As usual we asked to be seated at a comfy booth and while agonizing over the menu (I wanted everything!) we were refreshed by an excellent chilled Cosmopolitan.

Paul chose one of today’s lunchtime specials. A vibrant salad made from arugula and baby spinach leaves with ripe, juicy watermelon, sweet grilled pineapple, topped with toasted almonds and lots of Salmon Valley blue cheese.
All he could say was Wow! The whole plateful was just bursting with flavour!

I had Spicy Chicken Chile Relleno.
The roasted poblano pepper was generously stuffed with a spicy mixture of chicken, spinach and goats cheese and then smothered with melted cheese. It was surrounded by a chunky, roasted red onion and tomato salsa.
I thought the dish was highly, but perfectly seasoned with lots of fresh coriander and plenty of fiery red chillies which gave it quite a hefty kick.
It was quite a robust and filling starter for me, but I refused to leave any - it was way too good.
I enjoyed every single morsel and I couldn’t have improved on it in any way.

There are a couple of veggie options on the menu and I’m sure the very helpful and knowledgeable servers could suggest a few more, but Paul loves to have the Rustic Roasted Vegetable plate.
You can’t go wrong with this dish if you love your veggies!

Today there was broccoli, roasted red and yellow peppers, red onion, asparagus, carrots and half a tomato with a mushroomy topping, along with some oak-grilled mushrooms threaded onto a rosemary skewer.
The grilled tofu had a nice firm texture. It had been marinated in a soy and sesame sauce and was very tasty indeed. (Told you they were clever here – they can even make tofu taste nice!)
There was an accompaniment of minty tabbouleh and fresh corn salsa. Oh and loads of squidgy soft, roasted garlic cloves.
Paul was a very happy vegetarian today!

I chose Grilled Ruby Red Trout which came with some of those sweet roasted carrots and asparagus that Paul had, and roasted new potatoes.
The trout was deliciously fresh, tender and moist.
The whole meal was made all even more scrumptious when drizzled with the sweet juice from the roasted lemon. (I keep forgetting to do lemons like this at home)
I’ve had this dish before and I’m sure I’ll have it again – it was lovely!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 07, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Having thoroughly enjoyed all this tasty food yet amazingly consumed so few calories, we were feeling rather saintly
This feeling was rather fitting I thought, as the desserts here are absolutely heavenly.
Small but perfectly formed; there is a selection of nine mini–desserts from which to choose.
Now I do know some people who may be tempted to gobble up all nine, but we chose just three each.

From left to right there is Rocky Road, Key Lime Pie, Choc and Peanut Butter Mousse Swirl, Tiramisu, Pecan Pie with Vanilla bean Mousse and another Choc and Peanut Butter Mousse (we both had to try one of those )

They were all quickly devoured and greatly enjoyed but I have to say that the Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Mousse still remains my favourite.
Next time I think I might treat myself two of them!
Old 7 Sep 07, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh making my mouth water - one of our favourite restaurants.

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 07, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
OMG!
How lovely does all that food look!

I am most impressed, that veggie main looks so good and like they have really made an effort to make something appealing for us veggies.

I would go here for the desserts alone though Sue, they all look so yummy!

What sort of prices are we talking Sue and is it child friendly?

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 07, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gala
Imagineer

gala's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 336
That looks as if it would be just down my street. The food looks divine . Can you tell me Sue, is Seasons far from the junction with I Drive? I think it might be worth a taxi journey.

Margaret
gala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 07, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looks great Su.
What are the prices like?

Cheers.

Bob
Old 7 Sep 07, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bob_and_Dawn View Post
Looks great Su.
What are the prices like?

Cheers.

Bob
Hi Bob!

Hope you are having a wonderful time!

Prices are on a par with Chefs de France - but quality is much higher

(this is Paul mending Su's index - she will check up on me later LOL! )

Hi to all there!

Paul
Old 7 Sep 07, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi Leanne - we've been several times with our DD (8). They don't have a children's menu as such but they will happily serve smaller portions or take sauces off and things like that. They are always very welcoming to DD and she loves it there. The little desserts are great for kids - just the right size. They have a great selection of flatbreads that would be great for kids to have to share or one each depending on appetite as they are very thin.

Definitely worth a taxi ride Margaret - it's lovely.

Thought the trout looked absolutely lovely - may have to try that next time.

seasons52

Pam.

Edited at 07:17 PM.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 07, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Paul (I'm such a technophobe it would have taken me about an hour and he wants some dinner )

Hi Bob and Dawn

Leanne there are not usually a lot of children as it's not really that touristy. Lots buisness people especially at lunch and quite a lot of couples.

I have seen children there though and they didn't seem out of place.

Would you get through all nine desserts?

I'll find the receipt for exact prices in a mo

Mags it's next door to Publix at Lake Venezia if that helps. I'm the worst sort of person to ask for directions
Old 7 Sep 07, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks Paul and Su

Bob