Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Feb 08, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Charactor Breakfasts

Chef Mickeys Least fave and one that we wont do again, It took us 20 mins to drive through the security post and then another 25 mins waiting for our booked table that should of been at 9.30am but we sat down at 9.55am,We had some kind of breakfast and in came Mickey Mouse, Fab or was it ? No he came to our table and OH took a pic of me and dd just as OH took a pic mickey was off no time for OH to have a pic with dd, mickey wasnt hanging around more than one quick pic
the others came round and we got some pics,but thats not the point we wanted a couple with Chef Mickey

Verdict Never Again

1990 Park Fare This at the lovely Grand Floridian is a great place to have breakfast with Pooh, Tigger & others, We had a super time, Only downside some very young kid started shooting a Toy gun at winnie the pooh trying to kill him, which really upset staff and it all kicked off, the parents didnt see anything wrong with it but the staff did, as normal it happened right by our table and it wasnt nice seeing a young kid wanting to shoot a gun at a loving charactor like that or at anyone in a family surrounding or anywhere.
Any guesses as to where the kid was from ?

Verdict Fab Place for Breakfast

Cape May Cafe

This was our 2nd Fave place, Everything was superb, service was Excellent, OH fussy eater (veggie ) server asked why OH wasnt eating much and he said he was a fussy eater and veggie, next thing the chef was out asking OH what he fancied him cooking and in the end the chef did him a lovely veggie ommelet, had plenty of pics with the charactors and food was nice.

Verdict Service 100% return again

Tusker House AK

I must say this was the Best ever, So much fun had by all, it was like a party atmosphere and great fun for kids dancing with the charactors around the room and alot more choice in food, staff were Excelent.

Verdict The Best by Far and will Book 2 Breakfast days next visit

These are just my views

Edited at 01:06 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 08, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
jolloyd81
Apprentice Imagineer

jolloyd81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great post - good to read reports like this to decide where we are going to go. My sis is staying at AKL for 3 nights before joining us at our villa, so will recommend Tusker House to her.

Oct/Nov 2023 - Villa Holiday
Oct 2017 - Dibb Villa, May 2012 - Dibb Villa
2010 Oct - Dibb Villa
2008 & 2007 villa/2005 villa/2003 I Drive/2001 I Drive
jolloyd81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 08, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post

you have to have a valid park ticket for the AK breakfast but if you book an early brekkie then you are in the park way before others, its great.
Old 19 Feb 08, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
spider
Imagineer

spider's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
You can always put your reviews of restaurants and your experiences in the Restaurant Reviews, I always use this as a good reference point when making decisions about which ADRs to make. Good or bad, it can help make and informed choice.

It's a shame you had such a bad experience at Chef Mickeys as ours was brilliant - so much so we are going back this year to start our holiday off!
spider is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 08, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jolloyd81 View Post
Great post - good to read reports like this to decide where we are going to go. My sis is staying at AKL for 3 nights before joining us at our villa, so will recommend Tusker House to her.
Tusker house is at the animal kingdom park not the hotel.
Old 19 Feb 08, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jcjcjc View Post
Chef MickeysOnly downside some very young kid started shooting a Toy gun at winnie the pooh trying to kill him, it wasnt nice seeing a young kid wanting to shoot a gun at a loving charactor like that
Any guesses as to where the kid was from ?
Afghanistan?
Old 19 Feb 08, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jcjcjc View Post
Chef Mickeys 25 mins waiting for our booked table that should of been at 9.30am but we sat down at 9.55am,Verdict Never Again
Just a point about ADRs. They do not guarantee you a table booked for a particular time, rather they allow you to have the first available table suitable for your party size after that time, so in many cases you'll have to wait.

good answer Petal! I was thinking Wild West
Old 20 Feb 08, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=loadsapixiedust;2040606]Just a point about ADRs. They do not guarantee you a table booked for a particular time, rather they allow you to have the first available table suitable for your party size after that time, so in many cases you'll have to wait.

QUOTE]

I think it made more sense when they called them 'Priority Seating' at least then people appreciated that you weren't actually booked in for a reservation at a set time.
Old 20 Feb 08, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post

oops sorry my quoting went a bit wrong there! Think you can tell which bit I meant.
Old 20 Feb 08, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Has anyone any thoughts on Crystal Palace character meals - I've heard from a friend that it's one of the best?

Breakie or early dinner (4.5yr old in tow and will be hyper! ) Thought dinner as then can stay on to see the fireworks etc later on...

All feedback welcome!