Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 May 08, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Food reports May 08

A few dining reviews, HTH someone.

Black Angus (corner old lake wilson rd /192 or I drive) - Ate here several times and always superb. Particularly the diamond strip steak $19.99 worth every cent and the steak and lobster tail. Kids grilled chicken was huge and enough for both of mine. Also kids got free ice cream dibs which were yummy.

Red lobster I drive - Ate here previously and loved it, but were disappointed this time both with food and service. My shrimp just tased of the fat they had been cooked in.

Cheesecake factory (Mall of Millenia) - My favourite! I had chicken Fajitas followed by the adams peanut butter and chocolate fudge cheesecake. Absolutely divine! girls had a pizza and chicken strips. enjoyed by all.

Ponderosa - I wasn't keen on the set up, ordering off the board before sitting down. Food was ok but kids under five ate free from the buffet which was a bonus.

Perkins - Very dated and not a great choice. However the peanut butter slice was divine.

Steak and Shake. - I loved this A great burger and delicious milkshakes. However DH hated it. He thought it was too McDonaldsy.

Hooters - Great atmosphere for all the family but DH especially enjoyed this one. Food ok , Highly recommend the breast cancer awareness strawberry and Vodka milkshake.

Voyagers (Seaworld) - very ropey Dh had chicken and I had ribs, both had upset stomachs later on.

Hollywood and Vine - Hollywood Studios - Buffet style restaurant with plenty of choice of very good food although a little pricey.

Pizza Hut Kissimee old town - Nice and clean delicious pizzas and a good place to park for the car cruise.

IHOP- Yummy yummy yummy. Can highly recommend the choc pancake, bluberry stack and 10 silver dollar pancakes a real old favourite.

Outback - Lovely food pretty much as in the UK. Good for ribs,steak and chicken and of course the bloomin onion.

Rainforest cafe DTD - Very diappointed, over priced and not very good food either. Ribs were bone dry! Only saving grace were the coconut shrimp. Also very rushed.

The other things I would recommend is the california roll sushi from publix - absolutely divine! The frozen strawberry magharitas in mexico epcot, Peanut butter cookies from subway, peanut butter cup ice cream from the ice cream stand upstairs in the fashion mall orlando and the mickey peanut butter cup from goofy's candy company downtown disney. Peanut butter twixes, reeces peanut butter cups and peanut butter m&m's (see a peanut butter theme here?)

Kerrys
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 08, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Thank you for posting this, its really interesting finding out what
other people make of various restaurants.

I love IHOP pancakes too

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 08, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We have started to find the Rainforest Cafe a bit of a hit and miss affair both in food and service.
It used to be a tradition of ours to have our first meal there but we have stopped doing this now.

Thanks for the report.

Bob
Old 11 Jun 08, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Do you like peanuts by any chanceThanks for the reports always enjoy reading what other people eat and how you rate the restaurants.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 08, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
facepot
Excited about Disney

Very useful Thanks, I'm glad you liked Hooters, I'm trying to convince my DW to go esspecially as its their 25th Anniversary!

Any excuse

Rhys
facepot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 08, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Enjoyed reading your report, thanks for posting.
Old 18 Sep 08, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lmi_77
Excited about Disney

lmi_77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thanks for posting- I looooove PB too yum
lmi_77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 08, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the report ! I agree with the Cheesecake factory, it was our first time eating there in June and we will be back - it was a fantastic meal and even better service.
Old 30 Oct 08, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List