Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Feb 10, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
floydhound
Having Dinner with Goofy

Carnival Cruise

Hi,whos used carnival and what did you think?What company did you book through.Anyone used the carnival.com website?Thanks
2016 Barcelona,Transatlantic Cruise,Comfort Inn
2017 2019 2020 Westridge
floydhound is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 10, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Hi... we used Carnival last January...it was on the Imagination.
As for value for money it cannot be bettered.
Our other cruises were all Princess...and I was a bit worried thinking what we were going to get! We felt Carnival would be less stuffy as we were taking our
DGD. and the kids club was very good.
The food..service..rooms..facilities..entertainment... staff and
port choices are just as good.
The only thing I noticed a bit different was the dressing up...there seemed to be more tuxedos and evening gowns..on Princess.
On Carnival they were smart suits and dresses...which I now prefer.
I would go for it..I am waiting for Carnival tobring out there prices for August 2011.
Vacations to Go are a really good site to book with..but quite a few all do good discounts.
Most of the ships have been recently refurbished and have lots of new features.
We used the website mostly to see our countdown go down!
A good site to go on is Cruise Critic.
Jean

Edited at 10:31 PM.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 10, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

We sailed on Liberty's maiden voyage.

The ship was beautiful and the service was excellent.

We really enjoyed it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 10, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi we have done Carnival and it was ok... good value for the money but we had just done a Disney cruise and it was no comparison... vacations to go were great for booking both cruises...
Old 3 Feb 10, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Carnival Cruise

Hi, we have been on a number of Carnival Cruises and find them great value for money. The kids love the kids club and as soon as they get on the ship start planning what they want to do from the programme. We find the kids club especially good for our son who is a type 1 Diabetic - the staff issue us with a staff mobile phone which means that they can contact us at any time so he can go to the clubs and participate in all activities safely.
If you book through Carnival.com you will be assigned a personnal cruise advisor (ours is David Robinson) who for future cruises will try to get you an upgrade. Carnival also have a pricing policy that if you book then your cruise goes into sale if you contact your cruise advisor they will discount your booking to the sale price - we got $400 of our summer cruise last year this way.
If you look on Carvinal.com some of the cruises have already been released for 2011.

Kev - what made the Disney Cruise so special - I have looked at them but wonder if I can justify the extra cost - also concerned that the kids club will not be as good and then you are stuck on the ship with two unhappy kids.

Christine
Hope this helps.

Christine
Old 3 Feb 10, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Tom Morrow's Reviews
There is a lot of information on cruisecritic.com and also a link to cruisecompete for once you have made a choice - we saved money by putting our details in cruise compete and choosing the best offer.

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day"
Tom Morrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 10, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Cruise Critic is invaluable and also try Cruise Compete if you find a route and a ship and a date you want for a price comparison with different agencies
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 10, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hi Christine...we felt that everything on the Disney Cruise was top quality... the Ship is well decorated Bars and nightclubs are top notch kids club never used but have read Dibbers trip reports on this and they raved about them..Cabins..Food to die for... Staff...Broadway Shows... ports of call ( castaway ) and was better than any of the Disney Theme parks... it is pricy, but you do tend to compare cruise's with the Disney one and the Disney experience... just like you compare Florida with any other Holiday... haven't tried Princesss or Royal Carribean... I did comment at the time that Carnival was like Butlins but on the sea and got FLAMED for it...but I used to like Butlins! it is something you must try at least once... we were nearly in tears when we had to leave the ship!
Old 4 Feb 10, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I have been Carnival Cruise - Fantasy (which I won by Thomas Cook) in 1995 and have been on Disney Cruise 3 times..

I voted for Disney Cruise as it is my heart Everything was so good...

Carnival Cruise was good but I dont think for kids... but lots of booze, gambles, dancing and games... also people dressed up seem like bridesmaid, long dresses some of them were overdressing which was not for me...

I love formal dress etc but not that Carnival cruise as I don't believe it when I saw it...

Thumb up to Disney but some people love Carnival anyway...

I booked RC for next year and nervous about it as I hope I don't regard it...

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 10, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post

We're having 4 days in orlando - 7 nights western carribean cruise on the carnival legend, then 6 days back in Orlando. Flying out on 25/04, we're really excited as we've done 3 med cruises with Thompson, so looking forward to a bit of luxuary in a balcony cabin.
Will let you know what we think.
Closed Thread