Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Feb 10, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Motion sickness? Cruise.

Just a very quick one, last minute nerves kicking in...

we are going on the 4 night disney wonder cruise in a couple of weeks, 21st,

What I was gonna ask is, how much motion can you actually feel once your on the boat. Ive been on the irish ferry (Globe trotter Me! ) and it got so bad we had to sit outside with dd to stop her throwing up, I dont expect it to be anywhere near that but can you feel the boat moving much, ? and how bad does it get?

Thanks
Bren

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 10, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post

this topic might help http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=378194
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 10, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Hi Ben, We did the cruise a couple of years ago...The 1st night I did feel a little strange - not really sick but just a little unsteady, by the time I woke up after a good nights sleep I was totally fine and didn't notice it again for the rest of the time on board.
I am sure you will have a fantastic time - there is so much to see and do...no time for sea sickness :-)
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 10, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
likewise, we noticed it the first night particularly going into the show. I didn't feel sick but we were wobbling across the floor like drunks. I never noticed it again after that. someone did tell me there is a stretch they have to cross that is more bumpy and then once you are out into the ocean it's fine.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 10, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I get dreadful sea sickness and can only travel on a cruise ship if I take non drousy Dramamine When I get off I also need to take Dramamine until I get used to the non moving ground again LOL

Denise
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 10, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

Denise is right, get some Dramamine (from Walgreens), my wife swears by them. She always takes one on the first day while she finds her sea legs!

Jonathan

---
44 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 10, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jam jar
Imagineer

jam jar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
It depends on the weather and what waters you are sailing in. Im assuming its the eastern caribbean you will be sailing if you are on the Wonder? We are just back from that area and the weather is typically calm for this time of year. All do rock and sway but the larger the ship, the less they move. But the do all move. You should be fine tho, you will get use to it after a little while.

Stay clear of transatlantic crossings if you get sick easy! they are the worst

Hi, I'm Jaimie, but my friends call me JAM
28 trips and counting!
"Your cadaverous parlour, betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"
jam jar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 10, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
joshmadty
Imagineer

i found that the actual time on the cruise i was fine. BUT, for a week afterwards i felt like the whole world was permanently spinning.
Old 7 Feb 10, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jam jar
Imagineer

jam jar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by joshmadty View Post
i found that the actual time on the cruise i was fine. BUT, for a week afterwards i felt like the whole world was permanently spinning.
Yup, spinning a bit for me just now

Hi, I'm Jaimie, but my friends call me JAM
28 trips and counting!
"Your cadaverous parlour, betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"
jam jar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 10, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We were told that the first evening was a little strange as we would be crossing 3 different 'currents'. I'm not sure exactly what he meant but it was a little up and down for a few hours during dinner.

We were all ok but we had to shut the blinds by our dining table so we couldn't see the horizon .. that helped.