Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Feb 10, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Have been converted to NCL!

Just back today from an absolutely amazing 9 days onboard the Norwegian Jade. WOW! What a ship and company. Love the idea of freestyling. Some highs and lows..

Highs:
The ship - Beautiful inside and out
Ports of call - Madeira, wow , such a gorgeous little island. Las Palmas was as lovely as ever. Malaga was lovely too, did a trip to Marbella.
Freestyling - absolutely fabulous to be able to eat when we wanted , where we wanted and wearing what we wanted!
Weather - Gorgeous in Morrocco , Gran Canaria and Madeira.
Everything about it basically ( Even Easyjet lol) Excluding...

Lows:
Ship not so easy to navigate but got used to it!
Morrocco - What a terrible place I respect that it's all their way of life. But when I go on an excursion I do not expect to have my life put at serious danger - which is was TWICE! A few others off the trip and me are writing to the company.
Being ill the whole week - Had a cold from the day before I went up until now! And putting a new Avon sun tan oil on on day 3 in Casablanca and it burning the whole of my skin where I put it, serious reaction to it. I look like a burns victim.. So sore.
And rough seas between Morocco and Gran Canaria - My god I have never been seasick before but eeeeeeeek! SO rough!

Didnt let any of it spoil it though.

Funnys:
Didn't expect to be greeted by snow in Barcelona this morning LOL

LOVED NCL alot and cannot wait to cruise with them again. I really do love RCCL too.. in the future the price will be the deciding factor!

Will put up some pictures soon.
Old 14 Feb 10, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post

sounds like you had a great holiday despite the sunburn (you really must complain to avon) and such a shame you had a cold too

i love the sound of madeira too, it's a island i have had on my wish list ever since reading a article long long ago about the famous afternoon tea in reids hotel it sounded like a place you could well and truly escape too

looking fwd to seeing the pics
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 10, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
debs1505
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Glad you enjoyed NCL Ste. We've done the Sky twice and love the Freestyle aspect too. As for navigating - just follow the fish on the carpet! They swim forward!
Old 14 Feb 10, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
smallworld73
Imagineer

smallworld73's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ooh this is good to hear, NCL cruise on the Jade in August... may pick your brains if thats ok... !
smallworld73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 10, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Pleased to hear you had a great time , shame about the negatives and hope your skin heals soon , cant wait to see your pics , you will soon be our Dibb cruise expert , you will have to try out some other cruise lines for us all so whens the next cruise ?
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 10, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Sounds like you had a lovely time..the ship sounds good..looking forward to your pics.
Its so easy for us to go to Morocco from here...but its a place I have never fancied...even less now.

Jean
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 10, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
houseofmouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, glad you enjoyed your holiday. Sorry about the lows, but sure the highs made up for it. Hope there will be a trip report?!?
Old 15 Feb 10, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by houseofmouse View Post
Hi, glad you enjoyed your holiday. Sorry about the lows, but sure the highs made up for it. Hope there will be a trip report?!?
Hopefully!

Originally Posted by smallworld73 View Post
Ooh this is good to hear, NCL cruise on the Jade in August... may pick your brains if thats ok... !
Yeah I am jealous! If there is any good deals for the Summer on the beautiful jade I may be tempted.. lol maybe for September!
Originally Posted by debs1505 View Post
Glad you enjoyed NCL Ste. We've done the Sky twice and love the Freestyle aspect too. As for navigating - just follow the fish on the carpet! They swim forward!
Haha we worked that out in the end.. The sky is really cheap I was looking at prices.. She looks fab X

Originally Posted by mazz View Post
sounds like you had a great holiday despite the sunburn (you really must complain to avon) and such a shame you had a cold too

i love the sound of madeira too, it's a island i have had on my wish list ever since reading a article long long ago about the famous afternoon tea in reids hotel it sounded like a place you could well and truly escape too

looking fwd to seeing the pics
I will be complaining to sunburn. The weather was quite hot but it definetely wasn't that hot to get severe burnt. I never but any lotion on my legs, they are always brown or resistant from getting burtn , it's the only place on my body that hasn't been burnt off.. the stuff was just like acid on my skin.

Ahh our tour guide showed us that hotel. We went up to a hotel high up the mountains for wine, cheese and Madeira bread tasting - Very very yummy stuff!

Originally Posted by liverpool lou View Post
Sounds like you had a lovely time..the ship sounds good..looking forward to your pics.
Its so easy for us to go to Morocco from here...but its a place I have never fancied...even less now.

Jean
Seriously wouldn't advise it. If the people/government there want more tourism they need to get their act together. No place for a 'Westerner'. We did go to one part which was a touristy beach resort and that was ok. Very clean and nice hotels..
Old 15 Feb 10, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
so glad you enjoyed the lovely Jade, Ste Sounds like you had a fab time! Must admit I quite fancied Morocco but you've put me off! That sun cream sounds rubbish!

The freestyle concept is great isn't it? Did you drink in the champagne bar? x
Old 20 Feb 10, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jam jar
Imagineer

jam jar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Glad you had a fantastic time mate! It is always an eye opener to try another cruise line! We done the NCL pearil about 2 years ago and loved it! We liked the colourfully state rooms as opposed to RCL sometimes drab looking cabins. The dinning options were superb hence RCL have coppied them quite heavily on Oasis.

Are you doing a full trip report? Looking forward to your pics

Hi, I'm Jaimie, but my friends call me JAM
28 trips and counting!
"Your cadaverous parlour, betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"
jam jar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread