Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Feb 10, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Question Rebooking while on board...

Ok, in anticipation that my husband will enjoy this cruise, I have been looking at next summer's cruises(Med cruises from Barcalona) I am looking at the 7 day one as it is the only one that fits our schedule... may even consider a B2B on these as we like 2 week holidays, we can get more ship days... which I think we will enjoy and the prices seem right at the moment.

So, what discounts would be get? How would we do it? If the prices drop further after our inital booking, can we get the price drop? Anything else you can tell me...

Thanks in advance.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 10, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We booked onboard (and subsequently changed it 3 times! ) .. we got a 10% discount and some OBC.

I believe that if you then transfer to an American TA, they will offer you the cheaper price should it become reduced. I don't know if DCL offer this ... perhaps Angel will know.

*shouts to Angel*!
Old 19 Feb 10, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post

i'm hoping to book onboard for either the los angeles to vancouver cruise for next april or the disney dream for next spring i will be checking prices just before we go to see how they compare with what they quote me onboard

we quite fancy the first cruise but we also fancy the new ship too, we just need to make our minds up
Old 20 Feb 10, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
You can always book one, then change it with no penalty! I know it's a pain for the TA's but they're so helpful and don't seem to mind if you change things.
Old 20 Feb 10, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks...
Old 21 Feb 10, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

I believe if you are going to transfer it to an American T/A for extra OBC, you should also do this onboard too these days... I had a few problems transfering my Dover cruise last month after booking initially with DCL.

... I had to cancel my original DCL booking altogether and rebook with Dreamsunlimited to get both amounts of OBC... which meant I actually lost about £20 due to exchange rate fluctuations (fortunately I hadn't rebooked onboard so didn't lose out any of those benefits...and overall I was still quids in doing this)

I was told by DU that they no longer get their full commision if transfering DCL bookings PLEASE CHECK with them the best course of action before you go !

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 10, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi I usually book with DU... but their quote and obc was the same as DCL... so they might have other issues with Disney... as they are usually cheaper...
Old 21 Feb 10, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
Hi I usually book with DU... but their quote and obc was the same as DCL... so they might have other issues with Disney... as they are usually cheaper...
...it certainly pays to shop around if not booking onboard...BUT you rebooking onboard with 10% discount - a T/A is not going to beat that.

Also, there are means and ways of booking with DCL ...picking up their OBC and keeping them if transfering to an T/A, who will also offer you OBCs...for example, we end up with $400 OBC in total for the 7 night trip we have just taken, plus the 10% off.

PS... don't forget to compare like for like either... DCL quote with transfers and insurance (which you may not want) already added ...often a T/A will quote WITHOUT these added... just be careful...that's all

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 10, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi I had noticed the Ins & transfers...but the quote was down to the last cent..from DU...
Old 21 Feb 10, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
Hi I had noticed the Ins & transfers...but the quote was down to the last cent..from DU...
...so DU were also offering the 10% off too - without rebooking on board ? ..or am I not reading your post correctly ?

Edited at 03:55 PM.
Closed Thread