Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 15, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Alamo and sunpass

Will be landing in Miami and spending a night there

The following day we will drive up to Orlando, have the car a few days then drop off at Disney car care centre

Question is do Alamo charge for the sun pass per day of using the tolls or for the full rental period even if you only use the tolls for 1 day
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 15, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Have a look here.
sunpass/rentalcar

Alamo charge $3.95 per day up to a total maximum of $19.75.

This will be charged to your card along with the actual tolls.

There is nothing to do - just drive through the surpass lane and all will be fine. Well work the few dollars in my view.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 15, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Spot on from tspill a couple of quid a day and tolls or stop and queue,car is enrolled so nothing to do.
As choice is yours.
Old 21 Jun 15, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Went through 2 sunpass tolls whilst we were there last month. Billed twice, one for $5.20 and one for $6.20. These are charged to the credit card you leave on file but are not billed until around a week to 10 days after you use the toll.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 15, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by clubfoot View Post
Went through 2 sunpass tolls whilst we were there last month. Billed twice, one for $5.20 and one for $6.20. These are charged to the credit card you leave on file but are not billed until around a week to 10 days after you use the toll.
Thanks for this, I was wondering when they will take the toll fee/sunpass. We are back a few days, Alamo charged the pre-paid fuel to my card but nothing yet for tolls. We used it 3 separate days so I will assume I will have 3 charges. Beats getting off and back on and queuing to pay cash
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 15, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

I would rather keep some change in the car and pay by cash. I have never come across big queues at the toll booths.

Save your money and spend it in he parks
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 15, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ninnybobs View Post
I would rather keep some change in the car and pay by cash. I have never come across big queues at the toll booths.

Not all booths around Miami now accept cash now
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 15, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

I returned on 15th May and the charge hit my CC bill on the 25th May. $50 for a three week trip including using tolls most days.
Old 23 Jun 15, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ninnybobs View Post

I used the sunpass with Alamo for three weeks in May. Now what could I have bought at the Parks for the $19.95 extra that it cost me for the three weeks? Thats less than a Dollar a day that I was was charged for the convenience.
Each to their own of course. Me, I'll never stop to pay cash in the future of renting from Alamo, so much simpler, I don't even notice the prices on the Toll boards now.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 15, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
I used the sunpass with Alamo for three weeks in May. Now what could I have bought at the Parks for the $19.95 extra that it cost me for the three weeks? Thats less than a Dollar a day that I was was charged for the convenience.
Each to their own of course. Me, I'll never stop to pay cash in the future of renting from Alamo, so much simpler, I don't even notice the prices on the Toll boards now.
Totally agree with this. I'll happily pay $20 for my 2 weeks of stress-free toll usage!