Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Jun 06, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post

A Taste of Africa! - BOMA Dinner

This was our fourth visit to BOMA for dinner. Paul particularly enjoys it here as there is so much veggie food on offer for him.
I like it because I can have me another little meat-fest! I don’t eat a lot of meat at home so treat myself to lots of carnivorous offerings when on holiday.
I always start with the Prime Rib

Meanwhile Paul goes off in search of all things veggie. Apart from a vast array of salads, there are hot dishes such as tofu and green bean curry, veggie couscous, jollof rice, falafel, fufu (sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes with spices) and those spicy potato wedges we both love.
There are always some roasted vegetables on the buffet – lovely chunks of mixed peppers, courgettes and red onion. They are in a big bowl next to the delicious roasted spicy chicken in the meaty department - so make sure you don’t miss out on them whilst avoiding the meat section, you Veggies!

Curried pork loin was on the menu tonight. The sauce was very coconut-y and rather sweet but was balanced out by the fiery Masai Mara sambal I always like add.
Do try the spicy sauces (you could put them on a separate plate if you aren’t sure you’ll like them) they really do complement the food and it helps you to adjust your dish to your own taste preference.

These days I get us both a selection of items from the buffet so we don’t have to keep bobbing up and down to ‘get a little something extra’

Along with some salads, I got a plate of flatbreads and some hummus. Pictured below is a taster of the sun-dried tomato, Kalamata olive and roasted red pepper varieties.

After eating all that was on his plate and a bit more, Paul went off to get some carrot and ginger soup.
Whilst he was away, Head Chef TJ passed our table and stopped in his tracks when he saw me. He recognised me immediately, and after a wee chat asked where Paul was. I told him he was busy at the buffet of course! TJ said to me ‘Don’t let him go anywhere - I’ll be back!
Paul returned to the table with his soup and I tried to distract him from eating it as I knew what TJ was up to in that kitchen……
We’ve had one of his ‘specials’ before and it’s not small!
I wanted it to be a surprise for Paul though and managed to keep quiet.

TJ soon appeared with one of his veggie creations and wearing that big smile of his.
He tapped Paul on the shoulder making him jump, and I didn’t know who was more excited to see who? They seem to have bonded over the years LOL.
We all nattered for a while, and then he left us to continue our food fest.
I politely helped Paul out with his enormous dish of marinated grilled tofu, tempura mushrooms, stir-fried veggies and deep-fried rice noodles.

TJ passed by our table again sometime later, and with a discreet wink he popped a plate of sweet delights on our table.
Chocolate-dipped strawberries and deep-fried Oreos drizzled with warm chocolate sauce – Oooh they were absolutely heavenly!

Did we really have room for some more desserts from the buffet? Well I confess we managed to sample just a few!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 06, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OMG Sue - what can I say - that all looks so lovely Thanks for the report. I must admit, we have never considered Boma because I have very plain (boring?) tastes but it does sound delicious.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 06, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Super foodie report there Sue, sadly DH has vetoed Boma so we will not be sampling it on our xmas trip.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 06, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Looks very good Sue
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 06, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
glorfy
Serious Dibber

Mmmm... Boma

Nice food report Sue! Makes it seem closer than 123 days, 8 hours, four minutes and 15 seconds till our ADR!
Old 4 Jun 06, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It all looks fab. I will be going here. Having never eaten at Disney places before, can anyone tell me how much this buffet costs ?

Love,
Gill xx
Old 4 Jun 06, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill635
It all looks fab. I will be going here. Having never eaten at Disney places before, can anyone tell me how much this buffet costs ?

Love,
Gill xx
Sue would be able to advise you better on exact cost but I think Boma's is in the region of about $26 + tax per adult and something like $12 + tax for kids (under 9).
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 06, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Sue I think we will have to pay a visit to Boma for dinner next time, those deserts look amazing.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 4 Jun 06, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loopydiamond
Imagineer

Iv only ever had breakfast at Boma's and that was delicious... Boma's is definately on my list for evening buffet after seeing this report... thank you

Jules
Old 4 Jun 06, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Sue, your report has me drooling over the photos I'm glad we've made 2 ADRs for Boma dinner, think we'll need them to try everything

Caron