Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers (again). April / May 2019 - Day 6

Day 6

We woke at 7 and had an easy morning before heading down for an early(ish) swim at 8.30am. We let Edith have just over an hours play and then got her out before she exhausted herself. We popped her down for a nap back up in the room, she was short on sleep from the madness of the last few days.

While she slept, I popped back to the outlets to get a few more Disney store bits. I got Edith some Minnie hands and got our friends who are expecting a baby a lovely Tigger babygrow set.

Back at the apartment, Edith woke and we got ready and head out at 11.30am in search of Panda Express. We ended up at the Rolling Oaks one, as we were heading to AK after it made sense location wise. We each had a large plate! Super greedy but oh God it’s so good. We really enjoyed the food. I had taken Edith food from the apartment but she did steal a few noodles! I try not to let her have anything like that because of the salt but it’s really hard to say no to her and she absolutely loves them.

We drove to Animal Kingdom next, when we pulled up at the parking and handed our $25 dollars over, Aaron decided to have a moan about the parking. He was just having a joke with the cashier but she asked to scan our magic band and for some reason took pity on us (we had told her it was killing us to pay $25 and that we were here for 14 days) and she handed us the money back! What a superstar! We thanked her profusely and head on into the car park. We parked in peacock and got the trolley to the entrance, it was really hot again!

I had a FP for FOP so head there first, we did do rider swap and had a FP popped onto Aarons magic band but he didn’t use it. He’s not a massive fan of riding things on his own. I loved the ride again, it’s just so incredible. While I was on (it takes about 40 minutes even with a FP), Aaron took Edtih through the Gorilla trail. When we met by the shop in Pandora, he was very hot and bothered so we popped into the shop for a cool down and then sat and relaxed for a minute before we carried on around the park.

Next up was our Safari FP, the ride was brilliant again, this time the highlight being a play fight between the baby hippo and his mom, it was so cute and extra funny as it reminded us of Edith biting Aaron when we watched ITTBAB last time we were in the park. On our way out we managed to see a gorilla right by the safari exit which was great.

We did the new Up bird show next which was ok, nothing special though. We had been freezing water bottles for cool water when around the park and in the middle of the show, Edith tipped one up too much when trying to have a drink and soaked herself and Aaron with freezing water. I was a bad mom / wife and had a good laugh about it! They dried out within a few minutes.

We had a character FP next so we made our way over there. Edith was getting braver each time, she was waving at Mickey and Minnie but again, wasn’t quite brave enough to walk up to them without being in mine or Aaron's arms. She gave them high 5’s and waved them goodbye.

We carried on round to Everest, I told Aaron to go and use one of his extra FP (from the DVC meeting) to have a go and that I would wait for him in the shop. He found me a few minutes later and apparently there were no FP on his band. I double checked MDE and Aarons 3 had been assigned to Edith! Great, she didn’t even have a ticket.

We were ready to leave the park now so quickly popped into guest services on the way out to see if they could sort the issue. Apparently, they can’t touch anything to do with DVC so that was a waste of our time. We were told to call DVC to have them sort it.

We head back to the hotel for a cool down and managed to sort the FP while there. For dinner, we head back to Millers. Aaron had managed to get a free flatbread voucher so we used that and then I had the big red with salad & he had the ‘que burger. Edith ate free as it was Tuesday so she had the Mac n Cheese, I ordered her fries as her side so I could eat them, a great bonus of having kids. The food was fab as usual, Edith at most of hers and I managed to mix in some tomato and cucumber so she got some nutrients too! Always a win.

We head back via Dollar tree again, just for sweet and batteries for Edith’s bubble machine. We were in bed by 9pm.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Lovely photos. Cant wait to ride FOP it sounds so good. I could eat that flatbread right now!

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I'm so hoping we are able to get on FOP when we are there, useful to know that it still takes a while to get through even with FP... I will remember that when planning what to do to entertain Charlie whilst waiting!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Lovely photos. Cant wait to ride FOP it sounds so good. I could eat that flatbread right now!
FOP is so incredible! The best ride EVER

Sign up to Millers Raving Fans club a week before you go, the flatbread will be your joining gift

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I'm so hoping we are able to get on FOP when we are there, useful to know that it still takes a while to get through even with FP... I will remember that when planning what to do to entertain Charlie whilst waiting!
Fingers crossed for FOP for you! The 40 minute wait is with no queue whatsoever, its just got so many little pre show parts & the loading takes a while and then even the walk out of the ride is a long one! Definitely plan something to keep Charlie occupied.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've been reading your reports for years and despite drooling over your Panda Express photos have never been!

Another great day
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
I've been reading your reports for years and despite drooling over your Panda Express photos have never been!

Another great day
You need to go! Panda is the best
Old 3 Jul 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Pretty rubbish service from Aaron regarding the extra FPs, they would have been able to see that they had accidentally been assigned to Edith. All they had to do was give Aaron some anytime FPs, there was no need to involve DVC.

Miller's looks great as always.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Pretty rubbish service from Aaron regarding the extra FPs, they would have been able to see that they had accidentally been assigned to Edith. All they had to do was give Aaron some anytime FPs, there was no need to involve DVC.

Miller's looks great as always.
That's what I thought. Guest services was a complete waste of our time.