Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Jun 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

The 40th Birthday trip, 3 years early-There’s blood everywhere!

We woke at 5am and mum made us a cup of tea. I ate last nights Caramel Apple Cupcake, there was an awful lot of frosting, but it was yummy.

We had our showers and more tea before getting ready and heading to the bus stop. We were headed back to Magic Kingdom today and the bus took 20 minutes, the same as yesterday. Today was Extra Magic Hours, but we just went shopping!

We bought some Pandora charms and mum bought a Small World spirit jersey.

We had another breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest and were able to check in early for this.

Mum had the Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich, Poached Eggs, Applewood-smoked Bacon, and Brie on a Toasted Croissant served with Fresh Fruit. She had this with a Bellini again, but found the eggs a little overdone for her taste. I had the Feast á la Gaston, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, and Roasted Potatoes served with Fresh Fruit again, but this time with Charles de Fère Cuvée Jean-Louis Blanc de Blancs Brut.

It was a much better experience today; the food was hot and there was no Spanish inquisition about my age! The bacon was a bit crispy and I hurt my gum at one point though.

After breakfast, we walked round to Tomorrowland and rode the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover before our Fastpass for mum’s favourite, Space Mountain.

We played Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Our next Fastpass was for Peter Pan’s Flight, and luckily, we were fighting villains in Fantasyland, so after winning the battle, we were off to Neverland.

We decided it was time for a snack so walked to Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies where we both ended up ordering the Mickey Celebration Milkshake, which was yummy.

While enjoying our snack, we discussed our plans for the rest of the day.

We had a Fastpass booked for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train but not until the afternoon, so we decided to cancel it and see what was available elsewhere. A Fastpass for Test Track popped up, so I grabbed it and we decided to catch the Monorail across to Epcot. Oh my days, it took ages! I don’t think we’ll use it again.

There was a special event happening over the weekend, ‘Minnie’s Garden Party’ so we went to the Odyssey to meet Minnie in her special costume which was super cute. We both ended up buying Flower and Garden Festival spirit jerseys as they had 25% off and were nice.

We had a look around MouseGear before heading to Test Track for our Fastpass. Mum designed our car and while we were queuing to get to the cars, I was rubbing my sore gum and a piece of bacon fell out, presumably from breakfast this morning, there was blood everywhere!

After Test Track, we decided to catch the bus back to Animal Kingdom Lodge to freshen up for our dinner reservation in Animal Kingdom this evening.

The bus from Epcot to Animal Kingdom Lodge took 15 minutes. We paid off our room charges and then we decided to go on the Culinary Tour that runs from Jiko every day at 16.15.

The tour was good, the cast members in Jiko spoke to us about their culture and the restaurant and we were given Taste of Africa, African-inspired Dips, Pappadum, Sesame Fatir, House-made Flax Seed Naan to try, this was lovely.

The tour then moved across to Boma where we were greeted by different cast members who told us their stories, here we were given Butternut Squash Soup and Zebra Domes, more yumminess!​

We went over to Animal Kingdom just after 5, we had a reservation at Yak and Yeti, and I had managed to book a Fastpass for Expedition Everest for after dinner. We had some Photo pass pictures taken, we had a look around the shops and I did some more pin trading.

As we left the shop, the Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party was happening, and we joined in the Circle of Life dancing in a circle with Baloo and Timon.

After a boogie, walked over to Yak and Yeti and but checked in, there were quite a lot of people waiting and in hindsight, we should have taken the Landry’s card with us as well, but we’d left it in the room.

Mum ordered a Wildberry Red Sangria to drink and I ordered a Smokin’ Pina.

For main mum had Chicken Tikka Masala, Boneless chicken breast marinated in yogurt and freshly ground herbs cooked in a traditional Masala sauce, jasmine rice, garlic naan bread.

I ordered a Surf and Turf with my steak rare, the Korean BBQ sauce that came with this was lush and I don’t even like BBQ sauce!

For dessert, mum had the New York Cheesecake with mango and strawberry coulis, whipped topping and I had Fried Wontons, Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle.

Now remember that Fastpass I’d booked for Expedition Everest? Seemed like a great idea at the time, now I was thinking maybe not! Anyway, off we went, and it was all good, nobody was ill!

After this, we caught the bus back to Animal Kingdom Lodge. When we got there, there was trouble with a large group with an ECV. They couldn’t make up their minds whether they were staying at Kidani Village or Jambo House, so the ramp was up and down like a blooming yoyo! They sorted themselves out in the end and the rest of the bus were able to get to their rooms and into bed.

We had unintentionally done 3 parks in 1 day and mum is worn out, bless her.

Checking my pins in bed, pin trading was a disaster today, I ended up coming home with 2 pins I already had! Never mind, tomorrow is another day and its my birthday!
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A busy but good day

Joan
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A busy but good day

Joan
It was certainly busier than we’d intended!
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

3 parks in 1 day is impressive any day, never mind on Day 2!

Your meals at Yak & Yet look fabulous, really looking forward to eating there this year.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Busy day. Those milkshakes look amazing!

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

A very busy day!
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
3 parks in 1 day is impressive any day, never mind on Day 2!

Your meals at Yak & Yet look fabulous, really looking forward to eating there this year.
That meal still ranks amongst our favourites, we were talking about it again the other day!
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Busy day. Those milkshakes look amazing!
They really were!
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
A very busy day!
It was! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment