Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Jun 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Once Upon A Dream - Our Disneymoon May 2019 - DAY 9

Tuesday 14th May

I don't know why but I feel like I really hit a wall today - I'm just exhausted from the minute I get up. I think the busyness of the holiday and a bit of jet lag has caught up with me and I just feel physically in need of a rest.

We have a lie in until about 8.30 and head for breakfast at the food court around 9am. I don't even want much to eat so I just get a drink and then buy some crisps to snack on by the pool, where I promptly fall asleep again!

We have a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest at 12.45 so we get ready to leave the hotel at around 12. It's very overcast and not looking too promising... We just about make it to BOG, when the sky goes dark and the torrential, practically horizontal rain starts! It's unbelievable. Everyone is ushered inside and it's a bit chaotic as we are all queuing in different areas and I have no idea really where we are meant to go.

With Beauty & The Beast being my favourite film, I had been really looking forward to trying this - but I am distinctly underwhelmed. I'm not sure how much of it is my tiredness and general mood, the weather, or if I'm just feeling a bit Disney-ed out. It's so busy that I can't really take in the atmosphere or decorations. It feels like an overcrowded canteen, honestly. No sense of Disney magic.

We both have a croque monsieur with fries and the food is fine, but nothing I would write home about, and I don't feel like I'd rush back. But to look on the bright side, at least we are out of the rain!

We figure we might as well make the most of the park while we are here so we go on what we can. The rain does eventually stop so we can still do a few rides. We go on the carousel, Jungle Cruise and watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade. I get a famous dole whip while we watch it, and DH gets a Hei Hei cone. We have a Fastpass for Seven Dwarves so we ride this again, and I do Splash Mountain (alone - DH hates heights and refuses to entertain the thought of it)!

Out of desperation to get out of the rain, we also go and watch the Country Bears Jamboree... it's hilarious watching DH's face, who has no idea what to make of this at all.

So we manage to get a few things done, but overall I am just really in need of a break from the parks so we decide to have a Disney free evening. We go back to the hotel and get freshened up, then pick up an Uber to Red Lobster.

It's lovely to be out of the Disney bubble to be honest. The meal is amazing and cost $85 before tip. I have a strawberry daiquri and DH has a beer to drink. For the food, I have the steak and lobster tail, while DH has the fish platter. It's just brilliant and we love being somewhere a bit more chilled for the night. We have great service here too.

Then we Uber up to Walmart, which is something I never imagined I'd enjoy doing while on holiday - but it's surprisingly fun! We end up spending an embarrassing amount of money on junk, basically. Most of which we take home (candy and snacks for work colleagues, etc), and some of which we just take back to the hotel!

Finally we get an Uber back to the hotel and have an amazing driver, who we chat to all the way back about Disney, the rides, his experiences growing up in Orlando etc. I'm really impressed with Uber over here, the level of service and standard of all the cars.

We unpack all our "shopping" back in the room and then just crash out. A good day, but definitely needed the break from the Disney madness today, and just to be a little bit more chilled - a good lesson learned!

Edited at 10:51 PM.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sometimes you need a bit of a break from the parks as it can be so tiring .

Red Lobster is one of our favourites and we love the cheddar bay biscuits.

It's amazing how much money you can spend on essentials in Walmart
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Congratulations on your wedding day!

We have QSDP this year staying at French Quarter and despite this we have planned off site time, eating out for breakfasts, evening meals and a couple of shopping days. I'm hoping this means we will appreciate our Disney time all the more, and it won't drive us mad being in the bubble for a whole 10 nights!

Thanks for your trippie, looking forward to reading the rest.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Well done, you've managed so well but I agree sometimes the parks can be so overwhelming and tiring.

Red Lobster looks lovely and I think it's exactly what you needed ... along with the WalMart trip who doesn't love a WalMart trip?! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Sometimes you just have to recharge your batteries, you did well getting to Day 9 before burning out! We love Red Lobster!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List