Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jun 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Touch of Tink
Trainee Dibber

Art of Animation Hotel

Thinking of booking a last minute 2 night stay onsite for the first time to get the feel of 'Real Disney Experience' and DGD really likes the look of Art of Animation and wondered if anyone could give me some feedback on the hotel. We have always stayed at a villa so it would be a real change. Thank you in advance guys
Touch of Tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Carleysa
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Stay a night in a lion king suites for my sisters b-day last September and it was lovely. Has a kitchenette and a dining room table so there is space. The pool was lovely too
Hotel Indigo - August 2019 || Disneyland Hotel - October 2017
Carleysa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We did a long stay in a nemo suite, loved it.

Buses were regular & came at the times displayed. There's separate queue areas for each park.
Food court had a great selection & we never had a bad meal there.
Pool the kids loved, didn't try the quieter ones. The pool games were fun & the underwater music is a novelty.
The shop is well stocked & cast members helpful.
Would love to go back.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

We liked the Cars pool with the cone cabanas.

We were in a Cars suite, family of five, and could see the fireworks from the bedroom. Room was clean and quiet. We were two minutes from the main pool, the Cars pool and the food court. Enjoyed the food.

The grounds are extremely well themed.

Would happily go back.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We’ve stayed twice in the little mermaid rooms once for 3 nights and another time just for 1 night. I really like it, it’s well themed, pools are excellent, no issues with transportation, on the gondola route and great choices at the food court. Rooms are small but perfectly fine.
They don’t do shower gel there though only body soap which I’m not a fan of so take your own shower gel ( yes I know I sound like a weirdo but I wish I’d known that)
We’d definately stay there again.
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We’ve stayed twice in the little mermaid rooms once for 3 nights and another time just for 1 night. I really like it, it’s well themed, pools are excellent, no issues with transportation, on the gondola route and great choices at the food court. Rooms are small but perfectly fine.
They don’t do shower gel there though only body soap which I’m not a fan of so take your own shower gel ( yes I know I sound like a weirdo but I wish I’d known that)
We’d definately stay there again.
We’re planning to add on 4 nights in a Little Mermaid room after 10 nights in the Beach Club. I wonder if they have shower gel in the Beach Club that we could just pack and take with us to AOA. We’ve got loads of Disney toiletries at home from our stays at DLP, but I don’t fancy taking all those little bottles with us!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
We’re planning to add on 4 nights in a Little Mermaid room after 10 nights in the Beach Club. I wonder if they have shower gel in the Beach Club that we could just pack and take with us to AOA. We’ve got loads of Disney toiletries at home from our stays at DLP, but I don’t fancy taking all those little bottles with us!
Maybe as long as they have not switched over to the wall mounted ones. At Christmas it was still the individual ones at the beach club.
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Maybe as long as they have not switched over to the wall mounted ones. At Christmas it was still the individual ones at the beach club.
Fingers crossed then. I think we’ll just hope we can do that, and if necessary, I’m sure we can find some to buy instead.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Reneejbeatte
Proud to wear my Ears

We stayed in a cars suite. Great pull down bed and a sofa bed as well as a bedroom. 2 bathrooms. The theming is fab through the whole resort. We loved the cones and all the cars theming for my little boy. Transport to parks was great.
Reneejbeatte is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List