Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jun 19, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
dave7819
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Trip Report - Day 2 - Last minute holiday

Trip Report - Day 2 Sunday 16th June - Last minute holiday

I woke at 4:30am and just went on my phone for a few hours to let the Mrs have a sleep in, she woke around 7 and we felt allot more 'with it' than when we had arrived! We got ready and checked out the hotel properly, the avanti palms used to be called International Palms Resort and Conference Centre, they seem to have refurbished it on the cheap if you ask me and whilst it's fine, it could of been better.
The beds are comfortable and bedding is clean, but the walls are tired and are stained in places, the bathroom walls have bogeys from previous visitors smeared on them and the housekeeping in general isn't great, not what you expect when paying 14 dollars a night resort fee.

I've been to reception about a number of things and each time they fob me off, I've stayed in much worse but not since the 90's, I guess that's why I managed to get a room at such short notice.

So we walked to IHOP which isn't far from the hotel and enjoyed breakfast and the service was great, we wanted an easy day today so had a short drive to walmart and bought some beers and food and drink for the hotel room fridge.

We hadn't been to Disney springs since 2012 so headed over there and explored it, it's changed allot and for the better, but after a few hours we'd seen enough for us and it also started heavy raining so we heading to Madame Tussauds on I-drive as we had never been and thought it would be good to go and shelter.

So there was a ticket where you could go into Madame Tussauds and the sea life centre for about 44.99 per person, the ticket is valid for 30 days and you don't have to go in them both on the same day.

Madame Tussauds was great and surprisingly took us about 90 minutes to get around, it was now about 6pm and we hadn't eat all day since IHOP at 8am and we were pretty starving so decided to go to golden coral, sea life can wait for another day.

Now I know it's not very highly thought of on here and I get it, plastic plates and unhygienic hands touching things are gross, but if your really hungry at the time it does the job, that said I don't think we'll be going back lol.

Back to the hotel quite early to have a couple of beers infront of the tv for an hour and then we crashed, animal kingdom tomorrow.

Tips - have a meeting point in Walmart arranged incase u get split up from your family once in there, it's so easy to lose people in there and you spend ages searching the isles looking for them lol.

Get a coupon booklet from hotels / shops and see what restaurants / attractions you can get discount on, shortly after buying the Madame Tussauds and sea life tickets I found a 20% off coupon, too late by then!

Disney springs - take a photo of what level you parked your car at, it's easy to forget where it's at!
dave7819 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List