Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Jun 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
8gotoWDW
Having Dinner with Goofy

Oh my goodness DH is a lifelong fan and would have loved your evening!
We have been the past 2 years to see them in Glasgow and Edinburgh and he is desperate to go to the gathering.
DS age 10 is also a fan.

What date are they playing sep 2019 - we're out there till the 7th!
8gotoWDW is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by 8gotoWDW View Post
Oh my goodness DH is a lifelong fan and would have loved your evening!
We have been the past 2 years to see them in Glasgow and Edinburgh and he is desperate to go to the gathering.
DS age 10 is also a fan.

What date are they playing sep 2019 - we're out there till the 7th!
They are playing on September 5th at The Social in Orlando - it is over 18's only which is why we chose Clearwater, gig in Orlando was a good one by all accounts though.

Link for tickets is here

Gathering is a great weekend, I did the first 7 or 8 and then work has curtailed me making plans to get to North Wales on a Friday

Great to hear your son is a fan - passing on the Spirit of '76 to the next generation

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
8gotoWDW
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

My DH is from North Wales originally so we really should get ourselves organised to experience the gathering.
Yep - definitely passing on the Alarm love to DS. We even asked his guitar teacher to look up the music to teach him 😀

We're supposed to do Seaworld on the 5th but think we might need to ask our friends if they can babysit my wee guy that night.
8gotoWDW is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by 8gotoWDW View Post
My DH is from North Wales originally so we really should get ourselves organised to experience the gathering.
Yep - definitely passing on the Alarm love to DS. We even asked his guitar teacher to look up the music to teach him 😀

We're supposed to do Seaworld on the 5th but think we might need to ask our friends if they can babysit my wee guy that night.
Fab - you will have a great night Could still fit SeaWorld in too

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

How fabulous ! I saw them in Cardiff in 1984 when they recorded the now defunct live video for Strength( or was it Absolute Reality, my memory fails me) Remained ever hopeful I might glimpse my younger self in the audience. But i know Strength has been replaced by a more arty version . The Stand and Howling Wind forever my favourites. Thank you for posting. I temporarily was a teenager again this morning. What an awesome day for you all

Edited at 08:12 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like you all had a fantastic night with a wonderful view from the box

Joan
Old 12 Jun 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

A really special day.

Really enjoyed reading about your history with The Alarm, quite the tale. I loved what you said about the band recognising your support, I always like to think that about people I am a fan of too, but in your case it is true.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
How fabulous ! I saw them in Cardiff in 1984 when they recorded the now defunct live video for Strength( or was it Absolute Reality, my memory fails me) Remained ever hopeful I might glimpse my younger self in the audience. But i know Strength has been replaced by a more arty version . The Stand and Howling Wind forever my favourites. Thank you for posting. I temporarily was a teenager again this morning. What an awesome day for you all
All the old favourites are still played as they were originally released, not keen on messing with songs 30 years after release!
Nothing better than being taken back to your teenage days just reading all of this

It was an amazing day and I can only thankful nobody was wanting to go to see Taylor Swift in Tampa

Thanks for reading

Old 13 Jun 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Dixiechic View Post
I’ve never heard of the Alarm but was in tears reading this - such a fantastic experience. Shame about the lack of hotel to make use of the free bar but the car journey back must have buzzing!
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Totally this, such an emotional post to read and a memory to last a lifetime. So pleased you had such an amazing experience it was fantastic to read.

Thank you. Appreciate your lovely words, I was not sure how today would read as it is not a typical Florida trip report happening.
Glad you got the emotional connection and enjoyed reading about our once in a lifetime day.

The journey back in the car was so brilliant and made it more special as we relived the whole gig together.

Thank you both for posting such a lovely response and appreciate your continued reading

Old 14 Jun 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeymac
Excited about Disney

Brilliant - ICONic trip report

Excellent band

Edited at 01:24 PM.
Mickeymac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List