Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Jun 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

The 40th Birthday trip, 3 years early- Six trips to Everest

Today we were headed to Animal Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours.

We managed to ride Expedition Everest 5 times before park opening. Although, we only seem to have pictures from 4 of them!

Then it was time for our final ride on Avatar Flights of Passage. Why on earth do people insist on screaming or talking through the entire ride? It ruins the moment a bit.

We went to Yak and Yeti Local Food Café for breakfast again. Today, we both had a Bacon and Egg Sandwich, Eggs, American Cheese, Candied Black Pepper Bacon on toasted Challah Bread. Served with Hash Brown Bites with an Orange Juice.

We’ve just eaten so you know we’re going for ride number 6 on Expedition Everest!

We had a Fastpass for Dinosaur next, but not for a little while, so we wandered down to Dinoland USA.

Mum decided to have a sit down while I went for a wander. Scrooge McDuck and Launchpad McQuack had just come out, so their queues were short, and I decided to go meet them.

They were both good interactions and Launchpad was very flirty!

I went back to find mum and we had some Photo pass pictures taken on the way to our Dinosaur Fastpass.

I nearly lost my ears to those blooming dinosaurs!

After this, we decided to go back to Animal Kingdom Lodge for some relaxing pool time. But had some more Photo pass pictures taken on our way out.

We got changed, but I forgot to put more sun cream on, so inevitably got burnt, what an idiot!

Mum was sleeping by the pool, so I went to fill up our mugs. There was a Mother’s Day cupcake in The Mara, so I decided to use a snack credit for it and present it to mum when she woke up.

She woke up soon after I got back so we shared the cupcake, it was very tasty.

We’d decided to eat dinner at The Mara tonight. Mum had the Braai Chicken Flatbread; Freshly prepared Flatbread with a Sun-dried Tomato Pesto topped with Oak-fired Chicken pieces, Bacon, Red Onion, Mozzarella and Saag Dahl Ranch Drizzle and I had the Black Angus Cheeseburger; Grilled 1/3lb Black Angus Burger topped with Sharp Cheddar on a Brioche Bun served with French Fries and a Pickle.

I sent mum off for the Jungle Juice Slushy; frozen blend of Passion, Orange and Guava Juices with vodka again, but this time made her repeat it to me several times first! Again, there was only a teeny tiny bit of vodka in it.

After dinner, we picked up some snacks for later, as we clearly hadn’t eaten enough already!​

We got Zebra Domes; Chocolate Mousse baked with Amarula Cream Liquor-coated White Chocolate drizzled with Chocolate Stripes and Chocolate Shavings, an African Sunflower Cupcake and some Chip and Dale Mountain Mix.

We also picked up a bottle of wine. It took us 3 days to open the last bottle and another 3 to drink it, but this one seemed to disappear in 1 night, oops!

We ended up chatting with our neighbours across the way, it was their 4th time at Animal Kingdom Lodge and they were also British. They’d come without their children but kept buying them guilt presents!
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

6 rides on Everest is pretty good going! Sounds like a great day.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Love those Zebra Domes! 😁
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
6 rides on Everest is pretty good going! Sounds like a great day.
Thank you for taking the time to read and comment
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Love those Zebra Domes! 😁
We loved them! Thank you for reading and commenting
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Zebra Domes are my favourite Disney snack. One of the very few that live up to the hype. I don't drink but I have to admit that Jungle Juice slushy sounds delicious.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Everest is such a great ride! I really need to try that breakfast sandwich it looks good. Fab photos today too.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Fab Day, love the mothers day cupcake. I love how many times you rode Everest
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Zebra Domes are my favourite Disney snack. One of the very few that live up to the hype. I don't drink but I have to admit that Jungle Juice slushy sounds delicious.
They do it without the vodka too!
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Everest is such a great ride! I really need to try that breakfast sandwich it looks good. Fab photos today too.
Thanks Nicola! Yes try the sandwich! Mum enjoyed more than the breakfast she had on our last visit