Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Jun 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am glad you finally made it to Volcano Bay.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day 👍 our first time at Volcano Bay this year -I will study the map.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
A fab day! We're staying in RPR this time and really looking forward to it after loving HRH last year.

We loved our Voodoo donuts but I'm with you on the box--shame they cant make it large and flat like KK does, would be so much better for donut preservation
It’s a lovely hotel

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Your report should have come with a foot pic warning! haha just kidding it looks sore!

Great morning at Volcano Bay and then on to Universal - I love Universal. Food all looks great. I have heard mixed reviews about Voodoo but to put them on top of each other is a definite no!

Really enjoying your reports.
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by MaryMendes View Post
I agree with you about Jimmy Fallon. I love that ride despite having never watched the tv show.

I also agree with the map of VB being confusing. I don’t like that the rides are such a long way from the main beach area but for me it was better on the second visit when I knew how to use the time we had there more efficiently.
I’m definitely going to plan it better next time

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am glad you finally made it to Volcano Bay.
I made the right call last time cancelling. We will definitely visit again

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great day 👍 our first time at Volcano Bay this year -I will study the map.
Definitely advisable
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You packed a lot in! Really enjoying your report. Next time we'll definitely stay in a universal hotel for a couple of nights and it's very interesting to read about your experience of doing a split stay. It was our first time to universal (2nd time to Disney) loved universal much more than we expected to. I think we must have been there at around the same time as you this year. 19 May - 2nd June? It was sooo hot!
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by LottiesLot View Post
You packed a lot in! Really enjoying your report. Next time we'll definitely stay in a universal hotel for a couple of nights and it's very interesting to read about your experience of doing a split stay. It was our first time to universal (2nd time to Disney) loved universal much more than we expected to. I think we must have been there at around the same time as you this year. 19 May - 2nd June? It was sooo hot!
Yes we left June 1st. It was so hot
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve got twin girls, so familiar to hear you describe the bickering between your two 🤣
A great day, you got loads done 👍 enjoying your report
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Sounds like a great day! I’ve been wondering what else we’ll do at Universal, other than Harry Potter, but I’m starting to collect a few more ideas now, thanks.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
We’ve got twin girls, so familiar to hear you describe the bickering between your two 🤣
A great day, you got loads done 👍 enjoying your report
It’s non stop Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Sounds like a great day! I’ve been wondering what else we’ll do at Universal, other than Harry Potter, but I’m starting to collect a few more ideas now, thanks.
Loads to do at Universal. We love it
Old 30 Jun 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

We love Universal, but I’m with you on The Simpsons ride. Not in a hurry to repeat that one; it made me feel quite ill (and I don’t get motion sickness).
Antojitos looks great. One to add to the list for next time.
I’d like to try Voodoo, but have heard the same criticisms as yours: bit hit and miss on flavours as well as being very pricey.
You had a busy day. No wonder you were shattered.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
We love Universal, but I’m with you on The Simpsons ride. Not in a hurry to repeat that one; it made me feel quite ill (and I don’t get motion sickness).
Antojitos looks great. One to add to the list for next time.
I’d like to try Voodoo, but have heard the same criticisms as yours: bit hit and miss on flavours as well as being very pricey.
You had a busy day. No wonder you were shattered.
Definitely my most hated ride. Antojitos is something different as well. I enjoyed my donuts. The others not so much.

Thanks for reading