Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jun 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DEE1980
Helping Donald

Mobile On the day fast passes?

We are lucky enough to be going back this year. We did all the rides and meet and greets we wanted to do last year - all booked and fast passes were pre planned. We are thinking of trying just turning up on a recommended quiet day (mk) and seeing what's available fast pass wise. Has anyone has success this way? Husband likes the idea of not planning ahead this time but its freaking me out. Tia x
DEE1980 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

The DIBB ‘FastPass+ Availability’ tool is a good way of gauging which rides would be available on the day. I’m with you, I don’t think I could just roll up at MK Fastpassless, but I’m sure loads of people do and have just as good a day winging it!
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
paul,sal&boys
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We’ve done all the rides many times so this year not feeling pressure to ‘do’ the parks fully, just enjoying being there. Other than FOP which we had to do standby and waited 2 hrs at rope drop the other day - I do like knowing that I have at least a couple of FP already booked so know I’m going to do a couple of rides. Perhaps book a couple but leave the 3rd open for when you are there?
Old 22 Jun 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Depends how long you are willing to queue for & what rides that you want? On our last 2 visits, we have been lucky to get any of the "decent" rides after using our first 3, from our perspective there are no quiet times anymore
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DEE1980 View Post
We are lucky enough to be going back this year. We did all the rides and meet and greets we wanted to do last year - all booked and fast passes were pre planned. We are thinking of trying just turning up on a recommended quiet day (mk) and seeing what's available fast pass wise. Has anyone has success this way? Husband likes the idea of not planning ahead this time but its freaking me out. Tia x
kinda depends - I think if you want to do some decent rides in MK (like 7DMT, the Mountains) you might want to plan maybe a couple of days ahead and try to get FPs then? If you're not fussed about what rides you do on your day at MK, you could do it your husband's way and wing it, with the expectation that you're not necessarily going to get FPs for the rides I've mentioned above.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DEE1980
Helping Donald

Thanks everyone we are 30 days out today but might wait a little longer to decide . We are not doing mountains or 7dmt , girls are only young so none of the 'big' ones.

Edited at 09:30 PM.
DEE1980 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DEE1980 View Post
Thanks everyone we are 30 days out today but might wait a little longer to decide . We are not doing mountains or 7dmt , girls are only young so none of the 'big' ones.
ooh I forgot one - Peter Pans flight can also be a problem getting and the standby lines are long on the day. For example, (looking at today on the DIBB FP+ availability tool, and bearing in mind the park isn't open yet) Peter Pan is evening FP only. 7DMT and Philharmagic has no FP availability, and Mickey Meet in Town Square is only evening availability.

Looking at the DIBB FP+ availability for 2 days from now, it looks like its only 7DMT and Philharmagic you wouldn't get, but some of the rides and attractions are only available as afternoon or later FPs. And obviously, when you go it will be busier as it will be high summer season (we're not quite there yet at WDW).

Might be worthwhile checking the availability in a couple of weeks time, as after 4th July its high season so you'd have an idea of what the on-the-day situation would be?

Edited at 12:39 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

If you have small children Peter Pan would be a good use of fast pass, Jungle cruise can have a big wait time. What I do is look at the queue times before we go and any which always have long waits and we really like to ride I pick those ones and anything else is bonus we were lucky in our May trip decided to go MK at 4.00pm as it was raining in the morning so booked 2 rides POTC and HM managed to get 8 others so you can do it.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List