Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers (again). April / May 2019 - Day 14

Day 14 - Home

Well here we are, the inevitable end of the holiday that always comes around way too quickly. I don't ave any notes again and all my photos show are lunch and the flight home so I'm guessing we didn't get up to much on the morning. I think we went to Target to get some treats for the plane and some chocolate to take home for gifts.

We chose Teaks for lunch as it was halfway between us and the airport & it's always a great way to end the trip.

I ordered the Pig burger and I think Aaron had the Smoking gun, we went halves and both had the garlic parmesan fries as our side. Yum. Edith had the pasta marinara with garlic bread but she didn't eat too much of it.

We head to Sanford, filling up the fuel on the way and checked in. We were overweight so Aaron had to take a few things out of his case. he has a few bottles of beer in them so he gave them to the check in lady and she said she would let us off with the last 2 kilos! We went through security fine, Aaron had to have a pat down as we were taking baby milk through but it took no time and we were soon in the very small departures area.

I grabbed a blueberry muffin to eat, more to kill time than anything and eventually we were loaded onto another very quiet plane. The flight was pretty good but Edith didn't have a wink of sleep which was a bit surprising, I was sure she would have a couple of hours. We took it in turns trying to entertain her and eventually we were coming into land.

We grabbed our bags and made the torturous journey back home, a 3 hour car ride for us. Thankfully, Edith did sleep for this which was great, a screaming toddler would have been hell!

That brings us to the end of the trippy! I can only apologise for the lack if detail in the last 3 days. I'm annoyed at losing the notes but at least I had some photos to go off.

Looking forward, I'm not sure when our next trip will be. I would like to go back in October. Maybe tie in an Orlando visit with a cruise but we also want to add a conservatory at home and we can't have it all! Maybe a cheeky January trip would be nice. What I do know was that this holiday was too hot for us, it was a struggle at times and I know we can get much more done in the cooler temperatures of Jan - March so ill keep that in mind with future bookings. That said, we did have an amazing time and I am so glad we booked. Edith was a dream traveler as usual, she had her moments of course but she was an angel on the flights which was what I was most worried about.

Until the next time ...

Edited at 04:35 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I cannot believe Edith managed that whole flight home without sleeping, that girl is a machine!

I have loved reading this, thank you so much for taking the time to write it all up (I know what a labour of love they can be!) It has filled me with even more excitement for our upcoming trip, I hope Charlie takes to it all as well as Edith does... she is a travelling superstar!

I will be eagerly following on what travel plans you have next! (please do a cruise, I want to live vicariously through you as I am desperate to do one!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Really enjoyed reading all about your trip, the hotel looks lovely. Nice to see the usual Panda Express and a few meals at Millers. It seems I have quite a few trip reports to catch up on. I have no idea how I have missed out on your last few holidays, maybe I was in the huff with the dibb! I’m sure I’ve seen them on insta so I’m off for a recap.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. If you are fancying a January trip, I’d definitely get one in soonish as school comes upon you so quickly and then it’s a nightmare being tied to the school holidays!

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I cannot believe Edith managed that whole flight home without sleeping, that girl is a machine!

I have loved reading this, thank you so much for taking the time to write it all up (I know what a labour of love they can be!) It has filled me with even more excitement for our upcoming trip, I hope Charlie takes to it all as well as Edith does... she is a travelling superstar!

I will be eagerly following on what travel plans you have next! (please do a cruise, I want to live vicariously through you as I am desperate to do one!)
I was so confident she would sleep, it took me by surprise . She was still well behaved though so can't moan.

You will have the most amazing time when you go in October. Seeing everything through Charlies eyes and having family with you too will just be incredible. I cannot wait to see the pics / read the trippy (not wishing you trip away or anything )

Fingers crossed for a cruise in the not too distant future!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Really enjoyed reading all about your trip, the hotel looks lovely. Nice to see the usual Panda Express and a few meals at Millers. It seems I have quite a few trip reports to catch up on. I have no idea how I have missed out on your last few holidays, maybe I was in the huff with the dibb! I’m sure I’ve seen them on insta so I’m off for a recap.
I can get in a huff with the Dibb, mainly when I don't have a trip planned

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. If you are fancying a January trip, I’d definitely get one in soonish as school comes upon you so quickly and then it’s a nightmare being tied to the school holidays!
Oh yes, i'm thinking January 2020

I have no patience whatsoever and want to take her as many times as we can before the dreaded school holidays come into play!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow, can't believe Edith didn't sleep all the way home!

We're so lucky to live within 30 mins of the airport so are home in no time; I always wonder how people with drives manage it; I couldn't!

We are out there in January so if I see you I'll say hi
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I bet Edith had a healthy dose of jet lag after your return.

Thanks for sharing your report Abi. I predict a conservatory AND a bargain trip in the future haha.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Wow, can't believe Edith didn't sleep all the way home!

We're so lucky to live within 30 mins of the airport so are home in no time; I always wonder how people with drives manage it; I couldn't!

We are out there in January so if I see you I'll say hi
We live 15 minutes away from BCX but they never have the cheap flights! It's sooo annoying.

I lvoe a January trip

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I bet Edith had a healthy dose of jet lag after your return.

Thanks for sharing your report Abi. I predict a conservatory AND a bargain trip in the future haha.
Haha, fingers crossed for both

She was a bit of a nightmare, didn't sleep properly at home for about 2 weeks. I would do it all again tomorrow though So worth it.
Old 5 Jul 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Really enjoyed your trip report. You are teaching Edith to be a great traveller! We are looking forward this time to trying some of the restaurants you ate in - we usually stick with Olive Garden, Longhorn, Chillis and Cracker barrel but hope to try Sweet Tomatoes, Bahama Breeze, Blaze and Millers. There is so much choice there
Old 8 Jul 19, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Have just read all your report Abi - missed it somehow in the post newborn haze.

It sounds like you had a fabulous trip (of course!) & Edith is a little superstar, she coped so well but then again she is a Disney veteran by now.

Lovely to see the world through their little eyes and yay to her going up to the characters by the end of the trip.

Lots of yummy off site eats, I think I could easily fill a month of different places we went to try. Really points out the cost of Disney too when you compare what you can get offsite.

Thanks for sharing, you always get them up so quickly it’s amazing. I also think you’ll find another bargain trip - let me know if you see anything for Manchester next year too lol x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List