Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jun 07, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Walts?

Does anyone know about Walts? The food? If its good?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 08, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post

From our trip in OCt 2007.

Blue Lagoon
Very nice food and atmosphere. DH though this the best meal he'd ever had in a Disney restaurant! Good choices for the children and an average price compared to the UK.

Walts
Decided to eat our main meal at lunch time and this was really good. I had the Wheat Risotto with Scallops - one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten. Childrens meals were good too and excellent service.

Innoventions
A very expensive buffet and we got dire service here. Our waiter just kept disappearing. I pointed this out to him and didn't tip him. However the food was really well above normal buffet standard and with our free cocktails and 10% discount for having Dream passes we were not too unhappy. Next time we go we shall make sure we are hungrier!

Backlot Express
Tasty Croque Monsieurs and good value - better fare than the usual hot dogs and burgers offered elsewhere.
Old 10 Jan 08, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jojo
Imagineer

Jojo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Lucky Nugget
Food was good. Where we were sitting the character interaction wasn't too great but otherwise we enjoyed it.

Cafe Mickey
We had dinner here and the food was nice (although portions a little small) and the characters were brilliant.

Hotel New York - Parkside Diner
We ate in here one night and the food was the best we had. The buffet was massive. Only problem was the boys saw the chocolate fountain on the way in so didn't like to eat much main course as they just wanted desert!
Old 13 Jan 08, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post

blue lagoon...
i had a lovely meal there on the last night of our trip in march 07. it cost abotu €120 for a family of 4 ( 2 adult 2 kids) all had starters and puddings and i had the lobster which was divine ( expecpt for dd moaning i was eating sebastian >oops< ) the atmosphere is fabby and the bread rolls kept dd and ds amused while we waited for service, not particularly fast service, but they were busy and it was a bit carribean - be ther ein a mo thype thing. we lovesd it and i have already booked my table to go back in march this year. best restaurant by far at dlp ( and we tried most of them)

anettes diner... we were a bit disappointed by this. we popped in at lunch time in the rainand it weas dead, we were the only people in there, we asked abotu the roller saking on tables but they said they didnt do that anymore ( health and safety would you beleive!) we had the challenge burgers about €16 each i think, you get 4 huge pattys, in a bun bigger than my head and if you eat it you get a free milkshake. the burger was ok but nothing special, but the milkshake... wow, now im not sure if it was just cos i had just consumed half a cow or if it really was that divine but boyhowdy id recommend you go there just for the milkshake
Old 14 Jan 08, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Chelle27
Imagineer

Chelle27's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DH treated me to a lovely lunch at Walts

The service was superb, and the food was excellent. We ate from the fixed price menu, Starter and Main course for E25,00 or Starter, Main course and dessert for E29,00. Of course we plumped for the three course option. There was lots of choice and the kids menu seemed nice too.

Some piccies of our food (no mains as it was steak and potatoes)

Starter: consisted of foie gras, a tapenade of tomato and olive, and some seafood. The seafood was covered with a paper thin wafer of spun sugar (sounds yuck, but went divine! )

Dessert 1: Gourmet chocolate dessert

Dessert 2:Apple crumble with apricot sorbet

Delicious! I would recommend Walts without a moment's hesitation.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/OrlandoBelle/Glitter%20sigs/Chelle2.gif

Hawthorn Suites @ Seaworld July 2005
High Grove, Clermont, July 2006
The Bad Hair Trip Report - July 2005

The Your Eyes Are Bigger Than Your Bellie Trippie - August 2006
Chelle27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 08, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

February 2008

Blue Lagoon
Nice atmosphere,charming service,but ALL the food was stone cold and fairly revolting. My youngest just could not understand the wierd dessert with the kids meal-take note,you can swap that for Icecream but you have to ask at the time of ordering. This meal cost us £80 for 2adults,2kids with no alcohol-poor value for not nice food. We wouldn't bother to book here again.

Cafe Mickey
Fantastic atmosphere,wonderful service,the characters were hilarious and around the whole time. I had fish and chips-the batter was more like a donut,very strange,and the chips ok. MY husband had steak and loved it,neither of the kids were over impressed (the youngest had Mickey Pizza and the older one a burger) but they both loved the dessert buffet! Around the same price of the lagoon meal-but more than worth it,we have some fab photos and the look on my youngest's face-I will treasure it forever!

Hot dogs in the park
-highly recemended by my lads-I am veggie.

New York Style sandwiches in Disney village
-absolutely delicious and served with proper chips!

Cowboy cookout barbecue
My husband had half a chicken which he said was the nicest food he had in the 5 days. I had some soup as I was cold (I ended up in a wheelchair 5 days) and it was actually very nice and served with lovely little bread rolls. The kids had burger meals. The best value meal of our holiday which we all enjoyed.

Buffalo Bills
Very very odd to have to eat food you can't see as it was in total darkness!
My veggie chilli was ok,but the main was undercooked and very unpleasant.
My husband managed to eat about half of his and said he ate it only because he was hungry. The kids ate a little but didn't complain as they were so absorbed with the show.
The desserts were really nice,and our server was great with constant top ups of lovely cold beer and coke. Loved the evening-but not for the food!

Cafe Hyperion
Everyone was complaiing here that the food was cold,especially the chips.

Buzz Lighyears Pizza Planet restuarant

Although we have hated this in the past,we got caught out with 2 very hungry kids one afternoon and as the queues were building we decided to risk it. This time the food was much better,actually quite appertising.I had a fish burger which was very nice.

We obviously had other meals but I can't remember them!

All in all our experience of the food was much more positive this time-partly because we had taken advice from here about where to go and what to eat!

Edited at 09:25 PM.
Old 7 May 08, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cathann
Apprentice Imagineer

We also had the cake-fest in the Plaza gardens, we did the birthday tea for dd and it was great fun, lots of good character interactioin, a yummy cake and a soft toy Mickey for dd which sings happy birthday. Didn't bother with tea that night.

We liked both restaurants in the Sequoia Lodge- Hunters Grill and Beaver Creek tavern, pretty good value for the set menus. The bar snacks were also nice in the SL.

In the studios, we were pleasantly surprised by the Rendez Vous des Stars, as we were totally sick of dodgy burgers and frites, and this served proper food (think I had spag bol) canteen style at OK prices.

Pizzeria Bella Notte was also quite good, once again it was slightly more 'real food' and served pasta or pizza fast food style. Quick, hot and tasty.
cathann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 08, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Like others, enjoyed blue lagoon for food and atmosphere, sad that Annettes didn't do roller skating anymore, we actually enjoyed buffalo bill food and bbq food at cowboy cookout. We always have at least one meal in SL, lovely food, very good value in my opinion. Do like the sound of Walts, yummy.

On another note, I bought 4 hot dogs at one of the concessions in studios and although I used my best school french ( i do try) the guy tried to not give me the change - only a few cents but was very annoyed when I persisted. It was only then that I noticed he had pocketed the euro note I had given him and not put it through the till! I couldn't be bothered complaining but i told dh and as we were leaving the survey guy asked us about food and dh told him, didn't hear anything else but watch out for this.
Old 7 May 08, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread