Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 May 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
yodamummy
Getting to know the DIBB

Trying to cancel Alamo with virgin Holidays

We booked our car hire only with Alamo on Virgin Holidays website for Orlando. Our flights have now been cancelled and I am trying to cancel the car hire but the booking ref we have is not being recognised by Virgin Holidays or Alamo. Phone calls only accepted for 72hours before departure.
Does anyone know if there's an email address I could try. There are no contact details/info on our car hire voucher!
Old 26 May 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The way VH is performing I wouldn't even bother. I would S75 them via your credit card.

Send them a text first and wait for their response but don't hold your breath. Keep an audit trail of your texts and transfer them to a Word Doc to send to the CC Company.

Edit. Alamo wont have been paid as they only get the money the day you fly or a few days before so they are an innocent party in this.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Antsp
Excited about Disney

You can contact them through WhatsApp but you won’t get anywhere, I ended up after weeks doing a chargeback through my cc
Antsp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDales
Getting Excited

I asked them on Twitter how I go on about cancelling.
Had a reply back saying that 30 days prior to depature (pick-up day) I'd see a call back message in manage my booking. Had an email from them today that gave me the option to change and rebook to a later time or cancel, both by completing an on-line form, the. Our car booikng was for July 10th.

Edited at 05:16 PM.
TheDales is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
yodamummy
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The way VH is performing I wouldn't even bother. I would S75 them via your credit card.

Send them a text first and wait for their response but don't hold your breath. Keep an audit trail of your texts and transfer them to a Word Doc to send to the CC Company.

Edit. Alamo wont have been paid as they only get the money the day you fly or a few days before so they are an innocent party in this.
I've what's apped them and filled in the online form for a full refund, but not expecting much. I' m going to do a chargeback with my cc company as I've done for my virgin flights refund.
Thanks for the advice dibbers 😊
Old 28 May 20, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

We filled out a form and they got back to us 8 Days after.
When I asked they said they were trying to get back to people who had filled the form out within 7 - 10 working days.

I don't know how easy it is to get a refund but we moved a trip and that was fine
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Same here, here us what to do.

1. Make sure you have a screenshot of the website which says ‘free cancellation’. Copy of what you need below but get the whole page in better quality on multiple screenshots if necessary.

2. Go on both the WhatsApp number, and Facebook Messenger giving your booking ref, name, address, email and DOB saying you booked it due to ability to cancel for free and are cancelling and expect a full refund in 14 days. Say you are finding it impossible to get through so are giving notice via the only means of contact. You may get an automated message back- take screenshots of the conversations.

3. Assuming you hear nothing, contact the credit card company and submit a charge back around these lines:

“ I booked Virgin Holidays Car Hire on x date for x sum to take place on x date. The car hire was booked with Virgin Holidays on the basis that it was fully cancellable for free as Virgin Holidays advertise this when you book, see copy screen shot. This was therefore part of the contract.

Unfortunately Virgin are not replying to any requests to cancel (if this is the case which it likely is but amend as appropriate). I attach WhatsApp and Facebook messages sent which is the only way to contact them as I cannot get them to answer the telephone and there is no email address.

I have still not received a refund for £x which I paid on x date.

As a result they have failed to give me my refund due and they are in breach of contract. This makes (credit card company) jointly and severally liable for the breach pursuant to S75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I could now enforce my rights against (credit card company) at this time, but I expect (credit card company) to initiate a charge back for the full amount of £x in a timely manner. I look forward to hearing this has been done very shortly. I do however reserve the right to proceed to enforce my statutory S75 rights and make a FOS complaint if chargeback is not completed in a reasonable time frame. I trust this will not be necessary and I thank you in anticipation of your kind help.