Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Mar 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

This is what it says on the DLP site when you click on character dining

Debs
LufcDeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Yes. I think we are taking some of the brochure too literally. They've clearly not been consistent across the literature. Seems to be a pattern with consistency or lack of... 😂

I think Inventions dinner is a huge money spinner for them - not only in terms of the restaurant but lead offs in Cafe Fantasia too. Take away the characters and people wouldn't go as much!

As Gill says, let's wait and see but I understand those with dining plans, visiting soon, being concerned.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

DLP website is now showing this which would tie in with the rumour that was doing the rounds a couple of months ago that dinner was only for hotel guests

'Inventions at Disneyland® Hotel (during lunch by reservation and dinner if you are staying at the hotel)
Choose from among many delicious international dishes at the buffet while surrounded by models and replicas of the Victorian era’s most fascinating inventions. During your meal, Disney characters will stop by your table and will be happy to take photos with you.
Choose from among three seatings when you make your lunch reservation: 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m'

Louise
Old 29 Mar 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs_Taz View Post
DLP website is now showing this which would tie in with the rumour that was doing the rounds a couple of months ago that dinner was only for hotel guests

'Inventions at Disneyland® Hotel (during lunch by reservation and dinner if you are staying at the hotel)
Choose from among many delicious international dishes at the buffet while surrounded by models and replicas of the Victorian era’s most fascinating inventions. During your meal, Disney characters will stop by your table and will be happy to take photos with you.
Choose from among three seatings when you make your lunch reservation: 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m'

Louise
ETA where did you see that on the website? I couldn't find that bit?

😬 I'm staying at the hotel but don't have a meal plan. So what will that mean for people like me? Seems ridiculous to stop people dining there who aren't staying there!

Edited at 01:59 PM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post

disneylandparis/din...ng-experiences

(If link does not work

Got to
disneylandparis.co.uk

Select - Things to Do/ Meals with characters/Lunch and Dinner with Disney Characters.)

This is on the Disneyland Paris website from today.

I don't think you need a meal plan you just need to book.

I wonder how they will check whether you are staying in the DLH, unless you cannot book in advance?

Why can't DLP just make it simple?! ?

Edited at 07:51 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stocst View Post
disneylandparis/din...g-experiences/

This is on the Disneyland Paris website from today.
I just clicked into it and got an error 404 message.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I just clicked into it and got an error 404 message.
Don't know why the link is not working but I have added instructions on where I found the info to post above.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
suziwong_96
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stocst View Post
Don't know why the link is not working but I have added instructions on where I found the info to post above.

I saw this update today also! So it will make lunch reservations more popular and difficult to book, glad I have booked ours already! I am really annoyed that cafe mickey only says closed till 7th April, no confirmation that it is completely changing, It may be somewhere I would like to go but cannot book! Grrrr

Seems a bit poor that you cannot dine with characters in eve unless staying @ DLH
suziwong_96 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
bobothebear
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Mrs_Taz View Post

Louise
Might be a dumb question but do those seating times mean you can only dine for an hour?
bobothebear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bobothebear View Post
Might be a dumb question but do those seating times mean you can only dine for an hour?
no, you won't get kicked out after an hour, don't worry .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List