Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Sep 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Coasters at Thorpe Park

Love all the Disney coasters but am going to Thorpe Park this week and the coasters look really scary! How do they compare with Everest, Rock n Roller coaster etc... worried i might wimp out!
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

We went a few weeks ago. They are pretty good and you have to do Stealth. It looks scary but is quite exhilarating and the launch is similar to Rock N rollercoaster.

Swarm is brilliant, especially the turn for the first drop and is very smooth. Ride both sides arms they do give a different experience.

Saw is good and very unusual and Nemesis isn’t scary at all.

Only one I’d be wary of is Collosus. That is quite rough and I didn’t enjoy it at all.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes I had already decided to steer clear of Collosus but will definitely give the others a go... i think! Some of my happiest family memories are of us laughing and screaming on the Disney coasters so I must do my best! I particularly fancy Swarm and Nemesis.
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Disney Coasters are toys really, although the theming is always good. The best at Seaworld, Busch and Universal are much bigger. I went to 6 flags magic mountain in California at Easter and realised that those at SW, BG and Universal were just.. ok in comparison.

I went to Thorpe park a few weeks back and would rate the best ones right up there with 6 flags! It's just that 6 flags has more. What ever you do, don't miss out on tidal wave!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Stealth scared me to death, the build up more than anything! Swarm is brilliant, one of the best UK coasters for me. I found saw really rough, my had rattled like a marble In a tin can and gave me a splitting headache! Nemesis inferno is decent enough. My son loves colossus but I haven’t ridden it, the queue is always far too long.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

You will spend a lot more time being upside down at Thorpe Park than you will at Disney!
Old 25 Sep 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree with danisleigh we all left Saw with a headache v rattley.
Swarm is great but Stealth has been down on the two occasions we’ve been
DH and DS loved Darrin Brown but being big walking dead fans were vvv disappointed with this it could easily be so much better
inky1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Disney is more akin to the rides at Chessington rather than Thorpe Park in London.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks so much guys! 😊 I managed the Big One at Blackpool but that was many years ago! Got a great deal, hotel , park tickets and all day fastpass 120 for my daughter and i. Very excited!
Old 29 Sep 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jolou View Post
Thanks so much guys! 😊 I managed the Big One at Blackpool but that was many years ago! Got a great deal, hotel , park tickets and all day fastpass 120 for my daughter and i. Very excited!
We did something very similar a month or so ago. We stayed in the Shark hotel and had a ball.
Really impressed with the deal we had, £214 for 2 adults and 2 kids with 2 days in the park, hotel, free breakfast and front of the line until 1100 on the second day plus Darren Brown.

Thorpe park itself really exceeded expectations.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List