Notices

Old 8 Jul 18, 02:34 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

The One With No Pretrip And A Better Chance Of Finishing - Day 8 - Shopping & recovery

Scott and I were awake around 7am and the kids didn't stir until about 8am. Abbie breezed in as if yesterday had been a bad dream. She felt much better. I didn't want to go far or do much as I suspect she is still a bit poorly but feels guilty so is putting on a bit of an act.

After a quick breakfast of lucky charms for the kids and cereal bars for the adults we quickly got ready and made our way to Premium Outlets. Scott was after another pair of shorts from Lucky Brand, having got a pair he liked the other day. We were there at 9.05 and the car park was deserted again, so folks if you don't want to pay to park here or negotiate parking chaos, check the opening hours and be here for opening time! We split up and agreed to meet in an hour. Abbie and I went to the Disney Character Warehouse to pick up a hoodie for Grannie Vena we'd seen the other day, bargainously priced at $14.99.

I resisted the urge to go back to Coach as I really do have enough handbags and purses and sunglasses and they didn't have any scarves or shoes that took my fancy. We tried Kate Spade again and I got a nice necklace (they didn't have the matching earrings boo!) and a pair of cuff earrings.

We had a look in the Cosmetics Company Store but didn't see anything I liked so we left empty handed. Abbie was starting to moan a bit now. We met Scott and Daniel in Under Armour before our hour was up. Daniel was very chuffed with the sunglasses and hat he got in Vans. Scott had got the shorts he was after and we picked up a couple of things in Under Armour, although I nearly didn't as I tried a hoodie on in front of a mirror at the side of the store and a worker told me off and directed me to the fitting room. Hmmf.

We went over to the Promenade section so I could visit Old Navy. It's one of my favourite shops here. I got 3 dresses and a couple of tops. Abbie likes the clothes here too but wasn't interested today.

When we came out the sky writer was telling us Jesus LoLs, or at least that's what the kids said. We dropped some more cash in Ugg, I picked up my favourite slippers $56 and maybe a pair for Granny Vena (who I think is reading along now).

We didn't bother looking in Saks as Abbie had had enough. We needed to pick up more apple juice so stopped in at the nearby Publix.

It was 11.15 and we all felt a bit hungry so I picked up 2 whole chicken tender sandwiches, the kids had cheese only and we had salad and cheese. We picked up some shopping and one of the beers from the beer tasting was buy 6, get 6 free so it would have been rude not to get them since it was Scott's favourite.

We got back to the room and enjoyed our sandwiches, if you have never tried these, give them a go! $9.09 each, so good value too as the chicken tenders are top quality and the sandwiches are stuffed full!

This seemed to perk Abbie up a bit.

I thought she should have a nap, but she wanted to go to the pool for a bit and it seemed mean to stop her. She had no temperature today so I agreed.

We all got suncreamed up and headed down to the pool. I had the factor 50 on today as I am totally lobstered from forgetting the cream for a while yesterday. My friend arrived last night and I had a bit of dread as I'd recommended this accommodation and you know what it's like, we think it's great but what if she didn't. Anyway she was at the pool with her family and they love it, so that's a relief! We caught up for a bit then went our separate ways.

Today's weather was much better, I think all the rain through the night really cleared it up.

When the sun came out from the clouds it was H O T! But I suppose that's why we come all this way. We all spent time in and out of the pool and the kids went between playing nicely, to bickering to fighting to playing nice again.

A much happier wee girl.

Today's snack was Klondike ice cream sandwiches which we picked up in Publix.

We had a really nice afternoon and even when it rained for a bit, we stayed out as it was light and helped us cool off. We lizard watched for a bit.

We called it a day around 5 and all had showers and got ready to go out for dinner! YAY, we are getting out!

We pass a pond on our walk which has the usual beware alligators/snakes... and the kids were certain they'd spotted a snake. It surfaced again and looked more like a beaver... or a giant rat, so we quickly guided the kids away from there!

We decided on Millers Ale House so Scott didn't have to drive, he'd had a couple of pool beers. It was about a ten minute walk and we were surprised to be seated right away at 6.30. It was clouding over now, but still no rain. I had brought rain jackets but was hoping it would stay dry till we got home.

We ordered the nachos to start as Abbie has turned into a nacho fiend and had declared last nights effort from Buffalo Wild Wings substandard.

These are absolutely huge. We could easily have had this between the 4 of us and not had anything else! But we didn't know that when we ordered so I got steak and chicken fajitas, Abbie has the cheese quesadilla, Daniel had zingers and Scott had the Big Red. Scott had a beer and I had a bud lite and an Apple Pear cocktail.

We made a good dent in the nachos, I had 2/3 of the fajitas and the kids and Scott pretty much finished theirs. I guess we were hungry! The bill was $63 plus tip so this seemed like good value.

We wondered why all the TVs had suddenly gone down, a look out the window told us it was bucketing down outside.

We ordered a Lyft, which was with us in under 10 minutes, taking us right to the door, so we stayed dry, $6 plus tip.

I made cookies and ice cream for the kids, I was stuffed and don't know were they put it. I bribed them away to bed early with the promise of Volcano Bay tomorrow if Abbie is ok so away they went.

I tidied up, sorted out the laundry, organised towels for tomorrow and everyone else is asleep but me, so I guess I better turn in! Thanks for reading along and all the kind wishes for Abbie.

clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by clubhouse - 8 Jul 18 3:14 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 05:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Good to see Abbie looking so much brighter. Sounds like some good shopping bargains.
Old 8 Jul 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad to see Abbie is so much better and a nice relaxing shopping day

Joan
Old 8 Jul 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Glad that Abbie is feeling better. Have a great day at volcano bay. We fly home today and your daily report is going to help me through the holiday blues when I get back!

Helen x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

So glad Abbie is feeling better, fingers crossed for you getting to volcano bay x

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Glad Abbie is better & you managed to get out & about today. Can’t wait to read about Volcano Bay!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Glad Abbie was feeling better, sounds like a good day, I may have to get Ugg slippers!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Look at the size of those nachos!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List