Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Jun 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
No they won’t. The reservation system won’t get any better from September - I can see if being even more restrictive if it changes in any way as they are expecting monumental crowds. The reservation system is in place until September regardless so it definitely won’t be back to normal by then. My hope
Is that it will be by 2022
You can’t possibly know that for sure. I doubt even Disney know for sure the timescale for the reservation system.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You can’t possibly know that for sure. I doubt even Disney know for sure the timescale for the reservation system.
Pretty sure the reservation system is confirmed as in place until September 2021. I really cannot see anything being better when the anniversary hits.

Edited at 03:27 PM.
bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Pretty sure the reservation system is confirmed as in place until September 2021. I really cannot see anything being better when the anniversary hits.
But that doesn’t mean they can’t remove it again.

You don’t need to screen shot it for me, I’m not arguing that they’ve announced it just that they can change it again anytime they like.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

But that doesn’t mean they can’t remove it again.

You don’t need to screen shot it for me, I’m not arguing that they’ve announced it just that they can change it again anytime they like.
Well they can I guess and to be honest I wouldn’t put anything past Disney right now. They’ve moved every goal post in the last few weeks.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well they can I guess and to be honest I wouldn’t put anything past Disney right now. They’ve moved every goal post in the last few weeks.
Exactly. I don’t think anyone can be certain of anything just now.

Trip Report Index
Old 20 Jun 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
oneforall
Looking for my Ears

Exactly. I don’t think anyone can be certain of anything just now.
I agree. Disney have to work on the worst case scenario right now. If they don't, they run the risk of getting caught out. They have to have those contingency plans in place. Much easier to remove them, than scrabble about to implement them again if the need arises.

No one knows what is going to happen over the next few months. It's very possible they may find a vaccine, they may not, but at the moment trying to predict anything is about as accurate as reading tea leaves.
oneforall is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

When Covid is no longer a threat there will be no park reservation system at Disney.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

The idea that all the measures Disney is putting in place now will definitely be there in September 2021 is ridiculous.

The world will look different in 15 months time.
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

I don’t believe they won’t re offer dining deals. They are package holidays essentially after all. I’m
The problem is that things are so bad in Florida at the moment there’s no point offering these things and having to take them away. Easier to have a clean slate.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I don't fully understand what they have done to the park reservation system (because I haven't seen it properly explained somewhere - not looking in the right places). But have I understood correctly that you must book the park you are going to per-day (I.e. not more than one a day?), I also don't understand if there are any benefits to booking an onsite hotel - if there are no fast passes, and no dining, and it is full rack rate, surely that is crazy? Would there not normally be some offer or other? I may be wrong, but in covid free times would there not almost always be some sort of offer?

I can't decide if the risk is they will get full (based on so many people moving from 2020 to 2021; and possibly a reduced capacity), or if there is the chance is that come Sept/Oct they will have some 2021 offers. Having said that, I can imagine they are sure they can fill their 50th anniversary post sept period; there is a real risk the winter may see a second spike; so they are sticking with ultra conservative for summer to see whole will pay full rack rate.

I know I won't (let myself) book until flights are released, so will just keep myself busy obsessing until then!
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List