Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Jun 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I called again today and got confirmation that my resort (POR) won't be opening this year, he reassured me that I would have somewhere to stay and that I would either be upgraded or at another moderate. He offered me a refund of everything I had paid so far including the deposit because of the change but due to me not knowing whats happening with my flights I had to decline (he really wanted me to cancel though).

He said they were waiting on Disney to pass along what they had left to them since they are dealing with all the US allocations currently and once they have done that then us in the UK would start receiving calls from Disney with our option. He said you would receive a call and they would need to know then and there.

My understanding is that, from what I've seen and read, most resorts will be open in 2021, but for the time being with parks being at capacity it is not cost efficient to be running an entire resort with only a handful of people staying in it so they are opening all DVC's (they have to due to time share rules) and then 1/2 from each other tier of accommodation. I think if you have stays from now until early next year then I would be expecting to be moved but if you're going from summer 2021 onwards then I would expect your resort would be open. CM's are adamant that the parks will be at full capacity again next year so can't see them not having all resorts open.
I had the same information when I spoke to them yesterday. Was told they were beginning calls to international guests with closed resorts from yesterday and to keep an eye out for a 407 code phone call. I don't want to move to another resort but to move my booking to April next year is another 3.5k for 10 nights on top of what I would have been paying this August!
Old 29 Jun 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
I had the same information when I spoke to them yesterday. Was told they were beginning calls to international guests with closed resorts from yesterday and to keep an eye out for a 407 code phone call. I don't want to move to another resort but to move my booking to April next year is another 3.5k for 10 nights on top of what I would have been paying this August!
Hi

Was it a 2020 booking they were discussing when they said you would get a call? We are booked POR but not until mid March.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hi

Was it a 2020 booking they were discussing when they said you would get a call? We are booked POR but not until mid March.
Yes it’s an August 2020 booking. Think they’re working through in arrival date / resort closure order.
Old 30 Jun 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Yes was told they would reach out to me!-i doubt we will go obviously with our trip being so soon but they havent reached out😂
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
At least you got confirmation your resort will be closed; even if you don’t know where you’ll be relocated.
The cm I spoke to was very cagey!
Oh the cm I spoke to wasn’t the most pleasant! We called up when we received the 35% discount offer to see if we could extend our payment date so that it would give us more time to make a decision about flights and at the time the lady I spoke to was more than happy to do that, but yesterday he was adamant I would still need to pay my entire balance next month as the payment extension was only for people due to go in July & August! I was in an argument with him for some time before he gave up and said he would go or the payment extension for me this ‘one time’.

He really wanted me to cancel my trip and was offering to give me all my money back even though the deadline to cancel had passed.

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
I feel the same, we were due to stay at AKL but when we found out we were loosing the dining plan it meant staying in that hotel was no longer cost efficient for us so we downgraded to POR (which we went to last year and loved!) now the idea of moving somewhere else again and potentially going to CBR is really making me want to cancel, It’s not a resort I want to stay in due to the size of it!

So thinking that we were excited to stay in AKL and to lose that due to loss of dining plan, to then move to our favourite resort and to now not knowing where we’re staying and not getting a say in it makes me not want to go

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ukitr
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I called last week and she initially confirmed All Star will be closed but said she couldn’t move our All Star booked for October. She then gave me the number for reservations but reconsidered and called some one else... I waited a while and said as I’d booked through a travel agent it was not possible. She explained the process would be: Disney would offer something else, letting BA know who would then discuss with me if I wanted to accept change.
I’m aware Americans via TAs have moved their accommodations.
ukitr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ukitr View Post
I called last week and she initially confirmed All Star will be closed but said she couldn’t move our All Star booked for October. She then gave me the number for reservations but reconsidered and called some one else... I waited a while and said as I’d booked through a travel agent it was not possible. She explained the process would be: Disney would offer something else, letting BA know who would then discuss with me if I wanted to accept change.
I’m aware Americans via TAs have moved their accommodations.
I’m waiting on BA getting in touch too. My return flights are a codeshare with Aer Lingus that don’t like they’re going either. Just waiting on BA getting through their dates and finally getting to me 😊
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrissieL
Helping Donald

I rang them a week ago and was waiting for 4 hours. All they said was we would be contacted by the team dealing with changing resorts.

All Star Sports - mid August.
ChrissieL is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

I have just rang about my Sept 2021 wilderness lodge booking - no wait to get through.

I wanted to add on my husband and kids to the booking as initially i had only booked in my name for £50 so now i have paid £200.

I mentioned about it being closed currently and was told i could move but at my expense and they are sure it'll be open in Sept 21.

I have left it for now but i like to plan and this is the 3rd trip that i am planning for our 'once in a life time'

Aug '19 - had a shock death 4 days before we were due to go
May '20 - Covid
Sept '21 - i want the certainty of the hotel i will be staying at.