Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Aug 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We had the same choice and decided on POP in a preferred room. The rooms look gorgeous after the refurb! I did a bit of research and a lot of the Disney websites seem to like it too. Our girls will be 16 & 18 next year so I think the mermaid rooms would be a bit of a waste on them. 😂 I’m happy with our choice but if things change I can upgrade without incurring the cost. I’ve only booked one person in each room (we have 2) so not loosing much by doing a holding hope booking.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've read on some FB pages that unless you are in the queue for the Skyliner really early there are horrendous queues. Could take a while to get to HS/Epcot especially from Pop as you have to transfer at CBR and go to the back of the queue again I think. Might want to look into that.

My choice would be CBR.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

We stayed for 3 weeks at CBR and loved it. I was a little apprehensive as we read reviews saying how large the resort is and how far its to walk, but it really isn't bad. We were in Jamaica 44 and it was a 5 minute walk to Centertown. Walking over the bridge in the morning to pick up breakfast was spectacular ❤️
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Just to add to what's been said - the AoA Little Mermaid rooms ARE being refurbished, it's not true that they haven't been updated. We stayed in one for 1 night this last March, and it was a beautifully refurbished room. Laminate flooring, comfy queen beds, new-looking bathroom and sink area, USD outlets everywhere - we were very impressed. And, it still has the 2 full queen beds, whereas Pop has 1 queen and 1 murphy bed now.

Here is my trip report of our stay at AoA, with plenty of pics of the refurbished rooms. Hope that helps!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree with the comments, we stay as adults in Pop and love the rooms, the beds are larger than the doubles in the AoA standard rooms and the ability to fold one of the beds away and have a table is very helpful. You can request a rooms in the 60's area and get lucky in terms of location, we have been able to do this most times, if however you want to guarantee a short walk to the facilities then paying for a preferred room is needed. Our last stay was in the 70's buildings and it was a 5 minute walk to everything, we prefer these resorts to CBR as we don't need the extra facilities and we like a more compact resort layout.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

So helpful everyone, thank you.

It is so helpful to get some idea of what areas we might want to be in too.

I do love the look of AoA, but I think that we would prefer queen beds to double, and we love a coffee machine, and we have enjoyed a little fridge so that we could do cereal in the room for breakfast (not sure if AoA has those?).

I'm veering towards CBR, I think, but with the advice on different areas (I think we can put down our preferences for area?), and the idea of booking for one person, and then adding is brilliant. I'm 100% doing that.

I'm now very excited, which I hope won't mean I then become very disappointed if it all goes pear shaped. But if does, then the world is going to be in a seriously bad place with covid, so I guess there will be more serious concerns. But I'm ignoring that and thinking positive! Any more reviews/thoughts would be welcome (you can never have too many!).
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
Just to add to what's been said - the AoA Little Mermaid rooms ARE being refurbished, it's not true that they haven't been updated. We stayed in one for 1 night this last March, and it was a beautifully refurbished room. Laminate flooring, comfy queen beds, new-looking bathroom and sink area, USD outlets everywhere - we were very impressed. And, it still has the 2 full queen beds, whereas Pop has 1 queen and 1 murphy bed now.

Here is my trip report of our stay at AoA, with plenty of pics of the refurbished rooms. Hope that helps!
Ah my apologies, the last time I was looking for a room booking (last year) the LM rooms at AoA hadn't yet been refurbished, so must have missed the news of the refurbishment.

Looking at some photos the refurbed rooms look a lot nicer than the unrefurbed rooms! There are still some subtle changes (Murphy bed, room lighting, use of curtain rather than sliding door, shower type) compared to the Pop/All Stars refurbed rooms but it's not as huge a difference as before.

The refurbed LM rooms definitely look a lot more heavily themed than the Pop/All Stars refurbed rooms too.
Old 7 Aug 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
Silvercat that is SO helpful. It is a little bit crazy, but I am leaning towards CBR, basically because it is such a lot of money already, I feel like we may as well spend that extra for a resort with slightly better facilities. The only issue is that we won't have a car. If, in worst case, we are miles away from the main hub, do have any idea of distances? Also, do you happen to know what the best sections to ask for are? We got such great recommendations from the Dibbers for SSR we were in an amazing location!

Thanks!
Sorry, not Dibbed for a couple of days, so missed your questions!

The resort (CBR) is huge, but there are lovely walkways from the room sections which are shorter than the roadways. We didn't walk from our room, which was in Aruba last year, to Old Port Royale, so couldn't tell you how far away it was, I'm afraid. It was about a 3 minute drive, but we could see a walkway over the lake, which I think would have been fairly quick.

I have heard that the closest areas to ask for are in Jamaica, so that might be worth bearing in mind.

Glad to be of help!
Old 7 Aug 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
So helpful everyone, thank you.

It is so helpful to get some idea of what areas we might want to be in too.

I do love the look of AoA, but I think that we would prefer queen beds to double, and we love a coffee machine, and we have enjoyed a little fridge so that we could do cereal in the room for breakfast (not sure if AoA has those?).

I'm veering towards CBR, I think, but with the advice on different areas (I think we can put down our preferences for area?), and the idea of booking for one person, and then adding is brilliant. I'm 100% doing that.

I'm now very excited, which I hope won't mean I then become very disappointed if it all goes pear shaped. But if does, then the world is going to be in a seriously bad place with covid, so I guess there will be more serious concerns. But I'm ignoring that and thinking positive! Any more reviews/thoughts would be welcome (you can never have too many!).
All the values have a fridge