Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
I haven't read every post but I have seen a few of "they have only charged us £... to move to a better hotel..." Look back on the forums for the last few years & you will see that Virgin has previous for this! Their mistake so they should be sorting it, I do remember that on one of the years, might have been '18, customers ended up going Direct to someone high up on the Disney chain & she sorted it with little or no help from Virgin. Virgin were also one of the last to deal with the SSR debacle & continued to deny the problem when most of those affected, that were booked with someone else, had already received the letter & been moved FOC by the way.
SD
I was one of those caught up in last years overbooking fiasco. 5 months after booking 2 rooms in AKL (Savannah) they advised us only one could be confirmed as overbooked 😳. Like others we sorted out the problem as Virgin insisted not their fault but Disney. They took no responsibility for the frustration they inflicted. Once that was resolved they changed flights so battled that .
Surely nothing else could go wrong
We upgraded to club level at HRH now all sorted, and virgin decided to change the dates to after our departure as well ! Only after the revised invoice came through did I notice and called them to correct. Told them any expenses they pick up.

Finally 4 weeks to go a call to say tough luck, we’ve cancelled your V Room booking as overbooked , it’s only been booked 15 months how does that happen, but it’s ok we’ll just refund your money.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emma & Lloyd View Post
😂 😂

I’m glad you have a very mature approach to expenditure and forecasting in your household.

Don’t worry about me or mine. We are fine.
If the car needs a repair or an appliance breaks we will sell a child.
Cuts down on holidays spends too
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Emma & Lloyd View Post
😂 😂

I’m glad you have a very mature approach to expenditure and forecasting in your household.

Don’t worry about me or mine. We are fine.
If the car needs a repair or an appliance breaks we will sell a child.
I'm pleased you got it all sorted in the end E&L, you really didn't need that stress! I'm not entirely sure how VH are still in business when all I hear are bad reviews.
Anyway I just wanted to say this has got to be the best reply to a comment on the Dibb so far

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I'm pleased you got it all sorted in the end E&L, you really didn't need that stress! I'm not entirely sure how VH are still in business when all I hear are bad reviews.
Anyway I just wanted to say this has got to be the best reply to a comment on the Dibb so far
Agreed 😂😂
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
I was one of those caught up in last years overbooking fiasco. 5 months after booking 2 rooms in AKL (Savannah) they advised us only one could be confirmed as overbooked 😳. Like others we sorted out the problem as Virgin insisted not their fault but Disney. They took no responsibility for the frustration they inflicted. Once that was resolved they changed flights so battled that .
Surely nothing else could go wrong
We upgraded to club level at HRH now all sorted, and virgin decided to change the dates to after our departure as well ! Only after the revised invoice came through did I notice and called them to correct. Told them any expenses they pick up.

Finally 4 weeks to go a call to say tough luck, we’ve cancelled your V Room booking as overbooked , it’s only been booked 15 months how does that happen, but it’s ok we’ll just refund your money.
And this, with all the overbooking and cancelling they’ve done the last 2 years, and what’s going on now is why you couldn’t pay me to deal with them even if they were significantly cheaper. It’s not worth the risk of this kind of unprofessional nonsense (the polite word rather than the one I want to use) and the time and emotional stress it would cost me to make them fix their mistake.

I feel badly for anyone who doesn’t use a forum like this who gets caught in their borderline fraudulent dealings.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List