Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Jan 20, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
I wasn't aware that they stipulated it had to be in a villa area. Yes it is vegetarian place but still worthy of a mention and has been recommended on here before.
You never know people might be inspired to travel out of the "Tourist Area"
I didn't mean to offend you but the OP did mention checking where they were in relation to the villa. I guess I just can't picture travelling to OBT for a curry if they live in the UK and can have one regularly. It is over 30 minutes from my house and I live right off 192.
Old 24 Jan 20, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

A second vote for Saffron on Sand Lake. As Mark says, probably the closest to UK curry houses.

If you are prepared to go a bit further, Kohinoor in Altamonte Springs is also excellent.

Originally Posted by MarkUKinOrlando View Post
We've tried just about every Indian restaurant in Orlando and the best, for us, has been Saffron on Sand Lake Road. They do a great brunch buffet. It's also the closest to the ones in England.

saffronorlando
N52939 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Thank you so much everyone, I am not a regular curry eater and have never had one in a restaurant so wouldn't know if it was a traditional UK curry if I tried lol, but DH is the curry fan so I can let him know that it wont be like a curry from home and he can decide if he wants to give it a try . I will definitely check out the Saffron ones as they seem to be easy to get too and the most likely to be something similar to what he's used too.
Old 24 Jan 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jakesmum View Post
Has anyone found a good curry house in Orlando, DH is a huge curry fan and always going on about going out for a 'proper curry' so thought it would be nice to have one while we are out there in april. I've had a look through lots of the threads about eating offsite but no-one seems to have mentioned a curry place

Any help greatfully received as always
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I didn't mean to offend you but the OP did mention checking where they were in relation to the villa. I guess I just can't picture travelling to OBT for a curry if they live in the UK and can have one regularly. It is over 30 minutes from my house and I live right off 192.
Not offended at all, just couldn't see in the O.P. where she mentioned a villa. It's academic now as the poster has chosen a good place.
I guess we are atypical visitors as we regularly travel 30 mins plus for a meal, part of the experience etc. We stay in an hotel not far from where you live.
Not long now, getting hungry!
Old 24 Jan 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Not offended at all, just couldn't see in the O.P. where she mentioned a villa. It's academic now as the poster has chosen a good place.
I guess we are atypical visitors as we regularly travel 30 mins plus for a meal, part of the experience etc. We stay in an hotel not far from where you live.
Not long now, getting hungry!
My apologies just found it in a secondary post!
Old 25 Jan 20, 04:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

My apologies just found it in a secondary post!
No problem at all. I do think you travel alot further than most tourists though from previous posts. There are so many new places on West 192 now we rarely travel far anymore.