Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 14, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Gas gouging near MCO... BE AWARE please

I appreciate that many are aware of the two gas gouging garages, just north of MCO, no harm in pointing them out again for any unaware Dibbers... well, no harm to tourists that is, not good for Suncoast Energies and Sun Gas if people avoid them

Sun Gas and Suncoast Energies opposite each other on S Samoran Blvd do not openly advertise their petrol prices... this is because they are almost double the average price. Currently running at approx $6 a gallon. They are two of the closest garages to MCO. Whilst some may say 'it's near the airport, what do you expect'; personally I'd expect to pay the average pump price and luckily it's easy to avoid their price gouging.

Gougers location map - goo.gl/maps/P2teP

Apparently about 3/4 mile further north you'll see a 7/11 with average petrol prices. Apparently there is also a gas Wawa at 2239 N Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL 32807, 10 mile north of MCO.

Many fully top off the tank around 12-20 miles from the airport, the needle registers full when checking in the vehicle, so looking for somewhere right on top of MCO isn't an absolute necessity. I topped off 15 mile from MCO in May, presented my till receipt and received my $0 owing close out sheet.

To all those travelling soon have a smashing holiday
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 14, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

There is a website you can go to check the best prices around your destination gas buddy.com
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 14, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
15isto2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kaboomba View Post
There is a website you can go to check the best prices around your destination gas buddy.com
They have an app for iphone which I and is really usefull
15isto2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 14, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If we fill ours to the brim, and I mean literally to the brim at Champions Gate, it's still full at the airport. Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 14, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post

We used the 7/11, it is quite awkward to find...we missed the turning and ended up going on a huge detour

I needed a big gulp though lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 14, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
wendywhite
Imagineer

When we did our last road trip a few months ago we returned the car to Atlanta airport, and they insisted that we show a til receipt from the gas station to prove we filled up within 10 miles! I guess MCO will be catching on pretty soon!
Old 23 Sep 14, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

we always fill it up at champions gate before we set off, and then top up with a few dollars worth when we get to a mile or two out of SFB...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 14, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
room_512
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
I appreciate that many are aware of the two gas gouging garages, just north of MCO, no harm in pointing them out again for any unaware Dibbers... well, no harm to tourists that is, not good for Suncoast Energies and Sun Gas if people avoid them

Sun Gas and Suncoast Energies opposite each other on S Samoran Blvd do not openly advertise their petrol prices... this is because they are almost double the average price. Currently running at approx $6 a gallon. They are two of the closest garages to MCO. Whilst some may say 'it's near the airport, what do you expect'; personally I'd expect to pay the average pump price and luckily it's easy to avoid their price gouging.

Gougers location map - goo.gl/maps/P2teP

Apparently about 3/4 mile further north you'll see a 7/11 with average petrol prices. Apparently there is also a gas Wawa at 2239 N Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL 32807, 10 mile north of MCO.

Many fully top off the tank around 12-20 miles from the airport, the needle registers full when checking in the vehicle, so looking for somewhere right on top of MCO isn't an absolute necessity. I topped off 15 mile from MCO in May, presented my till receipt and received my $0 owing close out sheet.

To all those travelling soon have a smashing holiday
Similar pricing to the Shell petrol station on Vineland Avenue opposite the Marriott Village as you approach Premium Outlets. They advertise their prices though, was $5.99 a gallon in August, although not necessarily noticeable if you are a tourist and not really paying attention.

When we were there last year there was a guy wandering about on the forecourt warning you not to buy their petrol as it was a rip-off!
room_512 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 14, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by room_512 View Post
Similar pricing to the Shell petrol station on Vineland Avenue opposite the Marriott Village as you approach Premium Outlets. They advertise their prices though, was $5.99 a gallon in August, although not necessarily noticeable if you are a tourist and not really paying attention.

When we were there last year there was a guy wandering about on the forecourt warning you not to buy their petrol as it was a rip-off!
We had the same! I was on fumes and didnt look. as it was I only fllled up with half as there was a guy actually taking photos of the prices and then went into the store to have a go at the staff. We have different prices over here but can you imagine somewhere charging double the price? Thats what the price was on vineland. Crazy.

I guess there are so many foreigners in hire cars that they will always have customers.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 14, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
room_512
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
We had the same! I was on fumes and didnt look. as it was I only fllled up with half as there was a guy actually taking photos of the prices and then went into the store to have a go at the staff. We have different prices over here but can you imagine somewhere charging double the price? Thats what the price was on vineland. Crazy.

I guess there are so many foreigners in hire cars that they will always have customers.
Agreed, whenever we went past they always had customers.

There is always that temptation when in Florida to be a bit blasé about the prices as everywhere just seems to be within 2 or 3 cents of everwhere else. Something like this would easily catch you out when you went in for $40 worth and came out with 1/4 of a tank!
room_512 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread