Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jan 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile Evening Extra Hours in Magic Kingdom

There’s 2 EEH in MK while we’re there & although I’ve only done morning extra hours how do they compare? Is it a lot more busier at the eeh as there’ll still be offsite guests in the park? We definitely want to do one of the late nights as kids are older now.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

I’ve noticed there is one during our stay too, MK is open till midnight I think. We were hoping to try and stay for this too. We always try to avoid parks with EMH in the morning because they seem to be busier but hopefully this won’t be the case for the evening ones.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
I’ve noticed there is one during our stay too, MK is open till midnight I think. We were hoping to try and stay for this too. We always try to avoid parks with EMH in the morning because they seem to be busier but hopefully this won’t be the case for the evening ones.
Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
There’s 2 EEH in MK while we’re there & although I’ve only done morning extra hours how do they compare? Is it a lot more busier at the eeh as there’ll still be offsite guests in the park? We definitely want to do one of the late nights as kids are older now.
I've been wondering about this too, especially how MK handles the on site vs off site guests in the EEH, our family are definitely old enough to use the opportunity if it's worth it!
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post

I have decided to give it another try for next trip. However past experience extra evening hours were not a good experience (too crowded).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have decided to give it another try for next trip. However past experience extra evening hours were not a good experience (too crowded).
That’s what I’m thinking especially in mid July!

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just trying to do my plan and wondering if it’s worth doing the early morning magic hours as staying onsite will it be really busy so should we go to the recommended parks rather than the park that offers emh , thanks ?
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

My experience with the crowdedness of EMH is that it depends on how early morning EMH is or how late evening EMH is.

Generally, a morning EMH that is 7-8am will tend to be less crowded than one that is 8-9am, as fewer people will be up and ready earlier in the morning. Similarly, an evening EMH that is 11pm-1am will be less crowded than one that is 9-11pm. Of course this also needs to be adjusted for season (earlier morning EMHs and later evening EMHs tend to only happen at higher crowd seasons).

What I tend to do is to go for morning EMHs, then park hop to a different park when it starts getting crowded - I generally find that morning EMHs are worth getting up for. For evening EMHs it depends on which park and what time it is.

In terms of off-site guests at evening EMH - they can physically stay inside the park for as long as they like. However, there will be CMs stationed at the entrances to rides that will scan Magic Bands of people entering the rides, to make sure that only on-site guests are allowed into the ride queues. So although off-site guests can stay in the park for evening EMH (and do as much shopping as they like), they won't be able to join any ride queues.
Old 16 Jan 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

as above, EEH will be at the same time more crowded but also less crowded than EMH

Offsite guests can stay but not enter lines, which means the park will seem busier than it actually is, if your main goal is the rides

if you're only there for additionnal shopping, or strolling about, then you'll benefit from the park at night, but more people than you thought would be there

now, there is also one factor to keep in mind

disney's policy is that, as long as you're in a line at park closing, you'll get to ride

so there is nothing preventing offsite guests to "massively" enter ride lines 1 minute before "closing time", meaning they will still be inside queues, and keep them longer than should be
how many do that ? well, maybe only those who are aware of this "last call"
but, you can expect the first half (or quarter) of the EEH to be busier than the rest, as offsite guests will still be in the lines until they actually ride the attraction they were queueing in when EEH started
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
My experience with the crowdedness of EMH is that it depends on how early morning EMH is or how late evening EMH is.

Generally, a morning EMH that is 7-8am will tend to be less crowded than one that is 8-9am, as fewer people will be up and ready earlier in the morning. Similarly, an evening EMH that is 11pm-1am will be less crowded than one that is 9-11pm. Of course this also needs to be adjusted for season (earlier morning EMHs and later evening EMHs tend to only happen at higher crowd seasons).

What I tend to do is to go for morning EMHs, then park hop to a different park when it starts getting crowded - I generally find that morning EMHs are worth getting up for. For evening EMHs it depends on which park and what time it is.

In terms of off-site guests at evening EMH - they can physically stay inside the park for as long as they like. However, there will be CMs stationed at the entrances to rides that will scan Magic Bands of people entering the rides, to make sure that only on-site guests are allowed into the ride queues. So although off-site guests can stay in the park for evening EMH (and do as much shopping as they like), they won't be able to join any ride queues.
So would you do emh then do your 3 fast passes at the that park then maybe move on to a park that is most recommended or should do emh then do my three fast passes at a different park that is most recommended ? Thanks
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List