Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Jun 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Booking Park days for 2021, I'm confused...

We're aiming to stay at Disney in August next year.

Our travel agent has advised us to hang on for a bit before booking the onsite element of our holiday as she thinks Disney will release some kind of offer. Fingers crossed!

However, say we decide to go ahead and book our Disney hotel and then book our days at the parks 14 months in advance (?!?!?!)

This seems utterly ludicrous! Surely even if you booked next year to go in August there would still be availability? I wouldn't have thought the American customers book that far ahead?

Seems like alot of panic booking to me. Maybe a ploy by Disney?

And in 14 months time, Disney, along with the rest of the world, will look completely different to what it does now.

I love a bit of forward planning but 14 months is pushing it.
Old 29 Jun 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Nobody knows what the world will look like in the future. Nobody whatsoever.

A park booking now is as near as an absolute guarantee as you can get.

Your call

Disney332
Old 30 Jun 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I'd be incredibly surprised if there is an offer for next year unless it's some kind of package for dates past sept 26th 2021 for the 50th Celebrations. Disney have just opened up reservations for all guests up to the date. It would be pretty bad on those booked to announce a new offer. But who knows.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
Our travel agent has advised us to hang on for a bit before booking the onsite element of our holiday as she thinks Disney will release some kind of offer. Fingers crossed!
I suspect Disney has released any and all 'offers' for 2021 (i.e. none). But, I suppose it could offer something in the future. We'll see.

This seems utterly ludicrous! Surely even if you booked next year to go in August there would still be availability? I wouldn't have thought the American customers book that far ahead?
No, you're right. Most Americans will not be booking that far ahead. Most Americans won't have their 2021 tickets yet so can't book their parks yet.

There's currently plenty of availability in 2021.

Seems like alot of panic booking to me. Maybe a ploy by Disney?
Well, it's not Disney that's trying to get you to panic book. It's social media that's pushing people to book, now, before it's too late and to book as far in advance as is feasibly possible. You really don't have to.

Disney has released the park reservation system into 2021 because it's planning for the worst whilst hoping for the best. At the moment, no one knows how long this pandemic will last and how long social distancing restrictions will be in place - including Disney. The restrictions may only last a couple of months or they may last until the end of 2021. We really don't know.

It's easier to have the park reservation system in place for 2021 now and then remove it later if it's not needed than to not have the reservation system in place and have to set it up later if restrictions do last into next year.

And in 14 months time, Disney, along with the rest of the world, will look completely different to what it does now.
Well, we hope so. It should look different but we don't know quite how. I hope things will be almost back to normal. Disney have set up the system in case the worse happens and they still need to limit numbers in the parks next year. And if things do improve they can choose to remove it.

Again, just because Disney has provided this reservation system doesn't mean you have to make reservations right now for 14 months time.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I booked by park days for end of may beginning of june next year on Sunday and I could not get magic Kingdom on our first day so had to swap it around to epcot - so they are definitely being booked up
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have booked for onsite next year and reserved our park days.
I would be stressing otherwise.
If, by some miracle, Disney do offer an offer I would consider loosing my deposit and rebook. Depending what the offer was. But I seriously doubt there will be an offer or there will be a lot of upset customers.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We've got Annual Passes that can't be renewed until October 22nd. Have already booked DVC for May with no option to book reservations at the parks.

Not stressed about it, I think there will still be availability in Oct for May and even then May is 11 months away, plenty can change between now and then.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Dolphin9511 View Post
I booked by park days for end of may beginning of june next year on Sunday and I could not get magic Kingdom on our first day so had to swap it around to epcot - so they are definitely being booked up
That's strange because, according to Disney's availability website, there's full availability for every park in May/June next year. In fact, unless you've got an Annual Pass, there's full availability for every park and every day after July this year. Even the popular Christmas period is fully available to everyone.

It's possible your issue was more of a technical glitch than a limit of availability.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

What I'm most concerned about is planning my days without the Busy Day guide, which for August usually comes out in January.

Old 1 Jul 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

What I'm most concerned about is planning my days without the Busy Day guide, which for August usually comes out in January.

There wont be any busy days all the time park access is via a prior booking. Thats the point.

In our new world, we can forget what the position was in our old world

Many changes will reman in place forever imho

Disney332