Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
I thought that but if the car hire company are busy or sticking to times i would have to wait 2 hours, don't really want to do that
That’s never happened in over 50 rentals in the US for me. Nothing to worry about.
How many people actually turn up at the scheduled time after flight delays, baggage delays etc. So long as they’re open they won’t care. You just have to make sure you drop it off by the same time you picked it up on your last day.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

I agree that turning up early for the car hire wouldn’t be a problem, but what if the BA agent insists the car times need changing when you change the flights?
Would you be able to stop them from doing it?
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
pdbruce
Getting to know the DIBB

Also just phoned them to price up a change to find that seat booking fees are also non refundable and couldn’t be transferred so I’d have to pay them again on the new flight if I wanted to change.
pdbruce is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Ysterday i posted that i had been charged £100 to change my car collection time at MCO as i had to change flights and was landing there 2 hours earlier.
Lots of you said i should have not paid it and left it as it was and i felt silly for paying out.
I contacted BA this morning and complained that it was harsh to charge me.
The operator put me on hold and came back to say i should never have been charged and credited me back £100, she also allowed me to revert back to Avis as i also was told by many of you that Budget were not good with long lines and trying to squeeze extra cash out of you for no good reason.
Avis will also allow me to go straight to garage being a preferred member.

Now when i was going through these changes with BA the operator told me that she would do this new change without fees as the £100 and £200 fees to change hire car only apply after the balance date and you can change for free up to that date.
So the car and hotel fees only come in within 3 weeks of travel (balance due date) according to this BA Holidays Reservation Agent

Edited at 01:46 PM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Ysterday i posted that i had been charged £100 to change my car collection time at MCO as i had to change flights and was landing there 2 hours earlier.
Lots of you said i should have not paid it and left it as it was and i felt silly for paying out.
The operator put me on hold and came back to say i should never have been charged and credited me back £100, she also allowed me to revert back to Avis as i also was told by many of you that Budget were not good with long lines and trying to squeeze extra cash out of you for no good reason.

Now when i was going through these changes with BA the operator told me that she would do this new change without fees as the £100 and £200 fees to change hire car only apply after the balance date and you can change for free up to that date.
So the car and hotel fees only come in within 3 weeks of travel (balance due date) according to this BA Holidays Reservation Agent
Good result for you. Thanks also for clarifying this as we are considering booking a flight with one nights accommodation with BA for next year (in Japan).

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Thanks for the follow up. Many will find this reassuring.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

thank you for this info. Its very reassuring that its not going to cost me to move should I need to. We are debating Boston and Washington for May/June and the flex is the main reason we would do it just now.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

I phoned yesterday to change the return flight date for our trip next August. She definitely told me that if wanted to change the hotel part there would be a £100 admin fee ( I’ve only booked a one night stay the night before the airport).
She also said a £25 fee if I needed to remove a passenger from the flight booking.
It doesn’t sound like the agents are giving consistent information. 😖

Edited at 04:52 PM.
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Thanks for letting us know!
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I booked for 2 adults and a young adult at the beginning of September for Next May and then my cousin's girlfriend decided she wanted to come, the first BA person I spoke to told me the only way to do this was to cancel my original booking and lose the £350.00 deposit and re-book with the extra person. When I said that was ridiculous she put me through to someone else, who advised that I could add her onto the hotel and car booking with no charge at all, but would be liable if the costs had changed in the week, so he did this and then I ended up upgrading our car hire to the next size up and the balance actually came down by £8, and then he said just do a separate booking for the same flight and call back and they would link the bookings

I think it really all depends on who picks up the phone with BA
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List