Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Travel insurance recommendations

Does anyone have any good insurance recommendations? We always use Columbus Direct and our renewal is due at the end of September. They have a huge list of what is not covered for Covid but will cover if you get ill over there.

Has anyone noticed renewals going up?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I’ve just started looking for cover for our planned trip in Sept/Oct next year. We would have been in Florida now so our annual policy is still running but I’ve not needed to claim as everything has been either refunded or deferred to next year.
I’ll be looking at flights next month so would like to have a policy ready for when I pay the deposit. Just got a reasonable quote from Staysure and their website suggests both medical and cancellation due to COVID are covered providing FCO advice against travel is not in place for the travel dates. Never used them before but I know others on here have so would be interested in any views.
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas

Edited at 02:36 PM.
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

This is conversation I had with staysure...
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

I have travel insurance with Trailfinders which has good covid cover. Staysure seems to be the most popular policy here on the Dibb at the moment.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Whats The Nationwide Flexplus Insurance Like?
Old 22 Sep 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
I’m thinking of taking out a Staysure policy as they seem to have decent cover but wondered if anyone has had confirmation from them on booking while FCO advice is against travel to the USA? I have emailed them but am waiting for a reply.
Just don’t want to take it out only to find the policy is invalid if the advice is still the same next year once full balances have been paid...Obviously we would only travel if it was OK to do so but I’m not clear on whether the wording refers to the FCO position at date of travel or date of policy purchase.
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
I’m thinking of taking out a Staysure policy as they seem to have decent cover but wondered if anyone has had confirmation from them on booking while FCO advice is against travel to the USA? I have emailed them but am waiting for a reply.
Just don’t want to take it out only to find the policy is invalid if the advice is still the same next year once full balances have been paid...Obviously we would only travel if it was OK to do so but I’m not clear on whether the wording refers to the FCO position at date of travel or date of policy purchase.
I called them regarding this, she said you are NOT covered while FCO advice still stands, but WILL be covered once it is lifted. So I’m waiting to book insurance until it’s lifted.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
I called them regarding this, she said you are NOT covered while FCO advice still stands, but WILL be covered once it is lifted. So I’m waiting to book insurance until it’s lifted.
Thank you. It’s interesting how this issue is being handled. I decided to ring them and the guy I spoke to said it’s the FCO advice in place when you travel that counts and it doesn’t matter what is in place when you buy the policy! So confusing...
Old 22 Sep 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you. It’s interesting how this issue is being handled. I decided to ring them and the guy I spoke to said it’s the FCO advice in place when you travel that counts and it doesn’t matter what is in place when you buy the policy! So confusing...
This was my understanding too. What they don’t cover under any circumstances is cancellation due to FCO advice not to travel at the time of travel.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My contribution for what it's worth.

Renewed annual policy with Staysure Comprehensive in early June.

No cover for any cancellation costs caused by Covid. Unlimited medical cover if we are ill abroad with Covid UNLESS we travel against FCO advice.

The FCO advice at the time of either insurance renewal or booking the holiday totally immaterial.

That's our policy anyway - could have changed in the last 3 months I suppose. Everything else seems to.

Mick