Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Oct 20, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Processes have changed , win back calls are rarer at the moment so not to be relied upon.
Not for me. They will spin it lots of ways but at the end of the day there is a department which wants you to stay. It’s in their interest to pretend otherwise as they want more money.

They know from experience that people worked out how to play the game, so they decided to move the goalposts. They don't make money if you don't subscribe. They have tried to make a television provider seem to be important in your life.

Their problem is that there are many alternatives. The worse thing which could happen if they call your bluff is you leave. Thats not in their interest. They always have deals to keep you. You just need to keep your nerve. You can live without Sky.

Edited at 12:38 AM.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If this helps anyone then great, the BB deal I secured via online chat & the TV side was a phone call to retentions for about an hour:

If I remember correctly the Ultimate TV add on was the Netflix & I have two Mini boxes so if you don’t have these you can knock these costs off.
I was currently paying £88 so a slight increase but better than the £140+ they wanted after coming out of contract.
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 02:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Sky seem to be answering phone and chat queries more quickly now.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I had to do mine last week. Wouldn’t bother phoning just use live chat.
I asked to cancel straight away, they offered sky q (we still have the black box, which I don’t want to change) the basic.package and kids for £20.
I said ok how much to just keep what we have, still £20. No thank you.
Then he said ok the best he could do was £18, limited offer etc etc.
No thank you, can you cancel. Sure all sorted.

Got an email on Saturday, would you like to stay with us for £15. 🤦

Wonder if they will go any less before my cancellation expires.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Has anyone seen/had any good TV only deals as a new customer? We’ve got TV, Netflix, Cinema and HD for £20p/n for 18 months and could have added Sports for £10p/m.

My brother has just left home and bought a house on his own, and he can’t justify expensive packages but thought £30 was good for everything he’d want... but cos he’d be a new customer what they offered was a lot more expensive and they will not budge.

Are they more interested in seducing existing customers than recruiting new ones?
Old 27 Oct 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

i always use the online chat. Takes around an hour to sort but i can do other stuff while doing it
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You’ve missed the point completely , it’s not about you , it’s about the impact COVID is still having on resources , call centres can’t operate at anywhere near normal capacity (there’s ongoing remodelling work going on to be able to increase capacity but still nowhere near previous numbers) and not everyone can work remotely for a number of reasons .
As I said the win back call is not the given it was, you may not get one at the moment so it shouldn’t be relied upon at the moment.

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Not for me. They will spin it lots of ways but at the end of the day there is a department which wants you to stay. It’s in their interest to pretend otherwise as they want more money.

They know from experience that people worked out how to play the game, so they decided to move the goalposts. They don't make money if you don't subscribe. They have tried to make a television provider seem to be important in your life.

Their problem is that there are many alternatives. The worse thing which could happen if they call your bluff is you leave. Thats not in their interest. They always have deals to keep you. You just need to keep your nerve. You can live without Sky.

Edited at 04:32 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
If this helps anyone then great, the BB deal I secured via online chat & the TV side was a phone call to retentions for about an hour:

If I remember correctly the Ultimate TV add on was the Netflix & I have two Mini boxes so if you don’t have these you can knock these costs off.
I was currently paying £88 so a slight increase but better than the £140+ they wanted after coming out of contract.
Cheers
Les
Yes Ultimate is Netflix , as you have HD , the agent added on UHD for free which upgraded the Netflix from standard (2streams in SD ) to premium which gives you 4 streams in HD plus UHD on your main box (minis are HD not UHD). Not a bad add on for £4 as it’s £10 direct from Netflix.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
You’ve missed the point completely , it’s not about you , it’s about the impact COVID is still having on resources , call centres can’t operate at anywhere near normal capacity (there’s ongoing remodelling work going on to be able to increase capacity but still nowhere near previous numbers) and not everyone can work remotely for a number of reasons .
As I said the win back call is not the given it was , you may not get one at the moment so it shouldn’t be relied upon at the moment.
I was putting what my experience was. Hence the comment not for me. I was not stating I was more important than anyone else.

Edited at 04:33 PM.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
I was putting what my experience was. Hence the comment not for me. I was not stating I was more important than anyone else.
I was merely pointing out that that things are currently different to avoid anyone losing out by waiting for a call that never comes.

Edited at 04:35 PM.