Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Oct 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
If your broadband is with Sky already and you are upgrading to Fibre with them no , you can upgrade and it’ll end your existing contract and start a new 18 month contract for fibre with no penalty The difference In price between standard BB and fibre isn’t much, it won’t be hugely expensive
(TV and broadband contracts are separate so it won’t impact your TV contract unless you choose recontract that at the same time because there’s a better deal to be had on TV too.

Thank you for the information which is much appreciated.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
Spoke to them over Facebook Messenger last night, quick & painless and got our bill from £74 to £56pm This is for signature, full sports package, HD, multiroom, Netflix & Movies and they waived the £10 admin fee when I asked.
Did you just send a messenger message to the main sky account?

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Hi
Is this the only way to chat about my bill? What number is best to call? - but I really what to online chat. Thanks
I can’t find online chat anywhere!

Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Clamshell View Post
I can’t find online chat anywhere!
The BB deal I did was via online chat & is found via:
My Account>Account & Subscriptions>Cancelling> Canceling my subscription>Cancelling Broadband

Then you get a message if you want to cancel & the best way is via Live chat & press Yes which I think then takes you to the chat option.
I’m not sure if it’s the same for TV as I called them as I thought it would get complicated with the options I wanted.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Did you just send a messenger message to the main sky account?
Start with logging into your mysky account on your phone or tablet if you haven’t already.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Yes much better .
Main box has a bigger hard disc so more storage , better technology , ability to be recording programmes(up to 4at the same time) whilst watching another, more flexible can run all the usual apps via the box instead of though the TV so less fiddling around , if you have multiple TVs the multi screen add on is the same monthly cost as one extra box with HD but covers up to three boxes not just one, the extra boxes connect wirelessly so no extra wiring to the main box and no engineer fees or replacement equipment costs for technical issues with boxes or remotes. Oh and you can use voice control with the remote
I wouldn’t go back to HD again.
Subscription costs monthly are the same whether you have HD or Q .
Only real downsides are you lose your TV recordings from the HD box (anything you have bought from Sky Store you keep of course, it reappears On the new box) and despite the ads you won’t get Idris Elba rocking up to install it !

It also has an add on of a really nice sound box which with Sky VIP is a great price for a bit of quality kit , I don’t like sound bars and prefer a box and really like it over my TV’s sound . The techies who are into sound rave about it , I just think it sounds brilliant .

With engineer visits at £65 for HD it’s cheaper to get Upgraded to Q than fix what you’ve got .
That’s brilliant thank you so much for the explanation.
Think I’ll have to go back on messenger!
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It amazes me how often I see situations where people just don’t get around to getting new offers for months or even years. If I see an account like that, (I do tech not sales) I mention it and offer to take a look after I’ve sorted the tech issue , invariably there’s big savings made.
(Every time I get a call with a disneyesque password I wonder if they are a dibber )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I didn’t use the live chat, check your sky vip on the app, I’ve been with them over 15 years so as a diamond member you get a dedicated phone number, answered in mins.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

I went through the cancellation process. Just finalising a new broadband, tv and Netflix package with a nice saving.

Old 28 Oct 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I went through the cancellation process. Just finalising a new broadband, tv and Netflix package with a nice saving.
Unless you are going to Virgin don’t cancel your broadband but allow the new provider to take it over to avoid a break in service