Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Can I place an order from the UK for a delivery to the US

As my brother won't be able to come over to the UK for Christmas I'd like to order something to be delivered direct to him in the US from the US.
How do I do this, will it work? I can pay on my credit card if it will just covert dollars to sterling.
I'm a bit stuck for ideas too. Was thinking maybe some nice foodie items or alcohol. Failing that a couple of polo shirts from somewhere like Uniqlo.
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 08:23 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Have a look on Etsy as there's lots of American sellers on there 🥰
Old 18 Nov 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have used my clarity card to order before , just pop your brother’s address in as delivery and billing address, it’s not declined for me before .
Target definitely do this so that could be the foodie option?
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Marks and Spencer’s allow you to order and send to America plus next used to. I often use Amazon .com or Etsy to send to my sister in Boston .
Old 18 Nov 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Would Amazon work? I know that I can get stuff delivered to my brothers house in Abu Dhabi. If I put that in as the delivery address, when I go to pay it lets me know if the item can be delivered there. Only a couple of things weren’t able to be shipped.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Well I ordered a couple of low value items, some socks and a mug from Amazon.com. I asked my brother on Saturday if they'd been delivered as it had said next day. He said not and i assumed delayed a day or so. Checked my emails last night and it seems they were delivered and left in a safe place, photo of a doormat on the email. I sent this to my brother and he said they'd disappeared, assume somebody took them Now I'll have to contact Amazon.com customer service and ask them to send them again which is annoying. Brother works from home and he said Amazon would normally ring him so they must have a new courier.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

I ordered a birthday cake from Publix and sent it to my friends who were in a their villa on holiday.
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Well I ordered a couple of low value items, some socks and a mug from Amazon.com. I asked my brother on Saturday if they'd been delivered as it had said next day. He said not and i assumed delayed a day or so. Checked my emails last night and it seems they were delivered and left in a safe place, photo of a doormat on the email. I sent this to my brother and he said they'd disappeared, assume somebody took them Now I'll have to contact Amazon.com customer service and ask them to send them again which is annoying. Brother works from home and he said Amazon would normally ring him so they must have a new courier.
I hope you get it sorted
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List