Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Feb 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Hollywood Studios no morning EMH?

Just had emails from both touring plans & The Dibb, EMH for HS on a Sunday (the only one whilst there) has now been changed from morning to evening hours! Meaning no morning EMH at all for HS? Is this normally the way seeing as all other parks have morning EMH?

Messed up my plans as we had Cali Grill lunch booked & intended on going back to the viewing platform in the evening, but now seems it'll probably be better spent at HS.

Edited at 11:24 AM.
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We received similar email this morning. Not sure if they’re likely to add morning extra hours nearer the time. Impossible to tell as GE has made it difficult to predict what they’ll do.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I know - removing hs emh has messed up our plans now!
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

sorry to be thick, what is GE? I’ve posted a similar thread this morning. i’m a bit miffed as had booked an overnight stay to coincide with HS morning hours but now it’s switched to evening. not sure how great evening hours are really and my kids are 9 and 11 and not sure they’ll go to 11pm anyway.
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mintybadger View Post
sorry to be thick, what is GE? I’ve posted a similar thread this morning. i’m a bit miffed as had booked an overnight stay to coincide with HS morning hours but now it’s switched to evening. not sure how great evening hours are really and my kids are 9 and 11 and not sure they’ll go to 11pm anyway.
Galaxy's Edge - although we call it Star Wars Land in our house!

Back to the drawing board on our plans with this change for us as well
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

GE is galaxy’s edge. My kids will be 11 and 8 and now it means a late night if we do EEH and an early morning the next day for EMH at AK
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by elliecjno1 View Post
Just had emails from both touring plans & The Dibb, EMH for HS on a Sunday (the only one whilst there) has now been changed to evening hours! Meaning no EMH at all for HS? Is this normally the way seeing as all other parks have EMH?

Messed up my plans as we had Cali Grill lunch booked & intended on going back to the viewing platform in the evening, but now seems it'll probably be better spent at HS.
There is an EMH for HS, it is just that is an evening one.

The morning EMH for HS has been changed to evening EMH ever since ROTR opened. I guess they are doing it a month at a time and I would guess it will continue for as long as they have boarding groups.

I would stick to CG for fireworks, you don't have to go to EMH.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Just discussing it with my other half & he's a big TS fan so we're probably looking to cancel California Grill now to make use of the evening hours instead. Quite miffed to be honest but obviously the way things go! I don't want to be getting up for GE boarding group then rushing off to CG.

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
There is an EMH for HS, it is just that is an evening one.

The morning EMH for HS has been changed to evening EMH ever since ROTR opened. I guess they are doing it a month at a time and I would guess it will continue for as long as they have boarding groups.

I would stick to CG for fireworks, you don't have to go to EMH.
Oops sorry - in my head I always type it as Early Morning Hours lol!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I always find this abbreviation confusing! I know some people use EMH to mean generic 'Extra Magic Hours', however, I've also seen EMH / EEH to mean 'Extra Morning Hours / Extra Evening Hours'. Either way, I now can't use my silly o'clock wake up on the early morning opening. Hey ho - nice problem to have it life!
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
I always find this abbreviation confusing! I know some people use EMH to mean generic 'Extra Magic Hours', however, I've also seen EMH / EEH to mean 'Extra Morning Hours / Extra Evening Hours'. Either way, I now can't use my silly o'clock wake up on the early morning opening. Hey ho - nice problem to have it life!
I have always understood it to mean Extra Magic Hours as that is what Disney call it.

disneyworld/guest-...a-magic-hours/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List