Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jul 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PENELOPE
Imagineer

Temperature Checks

Is anybody else like me and worried that you won't be allowed access to the parks once we can return because we aren't used to the Florida heat? I'm never cold over here and i'm worried that I will show as having a temperature when I haven't.
PENELOPE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No, being hot and having a fever are different. You shouldn’t show up as having a temperature just because you feel hot.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Someone on youtube tested this out. They went to Disney Springs and had a temperature check then walked over to Saratoga Springs for, I think, an hour or so and then had to go through the temperature check again to get back to the parking garage at Disney Springs.

Despite being rather hot from the walk and exposure to the sun the 2nd temperature check was just fine.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
PENELOPE
Imagineer

Thank You, hopefully it won't be an issue. I was tempted to go in the Apple Store at Trafford Centre last week just so I could have my temperature taken
PENELOPE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Its a medical fact thst stress can increase your temp 😳

Disney332
Old 18 Jul 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
Someone on youtube tested this out. They went to Disney Springs and had a temperature check then walked over to Saratoga Springs for, I think, an hour or so and then had to go through the temperature check again to get back to the parking garage at Disney Springs.

Despite being rather hot from the walk and exposure to the sun the 2nd temperature check was just fine.
This was Tim Tracker he purposely took his time to stay in the heat.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
This was Tim Tracker he purposely took his time to stay in the heat.
Thanks, I was trying to find the video but had no luck.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

I was about to say it was Tim Tracker he has also dispelled the myth of reduced oxygen levels wearing a face mask walking around in the heat (Although not for one minute saying it was a full on scientific experiment)
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pascaltimon View Post
I was about to say it was Tim Tracker he has also dispelled the myth of reduced oxygen levels wearing a face mask walking around in the heat (Although not for one minute saying it was a full on scientific experiment)
because he's young and fit.

the issue is not with oxygen levels, it's about how much air you can inhale in one breath

if you will, when Tim is able to wear his mask "normally", for the next person, with underlying (maybe even undiagnosed) conditions, wearing the mask might feel like they have been running.

think of it like visiting the park, sprinting between attractions, and jumping up and down when in the queues.
you'll get a clear picture of what it's like when you have a strong respiratory "issue"

Oxygen saturation may still be acceptable but weariness will not be the same.

But, TBH and IMHO a person with a condition that bad should stay well clear of crowded places like a theme park until the pandemic dies down and masks are no longer mandatory (and I say that as a person with medical conditions and who will avoid the parks until ...for that very reason)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I have mine checked when I get to work at reception if its high you don't go any further into building, a few peoole have been sent home to isolate after having a high temperature this is after they've been sent outside to maybe cool off or calm down, usually works if you get a high reading when retest is done, I get to work early and sit down outsidefor 10 minutes we have an undercover area to wait and mines been fine, was low once but hypothermia isn't covid so I had to work still 😁😁,
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List